Thread: Skip Stewart?

Skip Stewart?

Why isn't S.S at Airventure? I personally think he puts on one of the best aerobatic shows anywhere.
    I hope it isn't because of his affiliation with "Dodge".

Your thoughts?
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Ingram View Post
    Why isn't S.S at Airventure? I personally think he puts on one of the best aerobatic shows anywhere.
    I hope it isn't because of his affiliation with "Dodge".

Your thoughts?
    Chris
    Two questions:
    1. Who? Never heard of him.
    2. What's special about his show in your opinion?
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

Quote Originally Posted by steveinindy View Post
    Two questions:
    1. Who? Never heard of him.
    2. What's special about his show in your opinion?
    If you have never heard of Skip Stewart then you should look him up.

Do you have anything positive to say about anything?

Chris

Do you have anything positive to say about anything?
    Yes, all of the time as a matter of fact. If you'll notice, I am usually one of the handful on here that isn't simply griping about how much the EAA sucks.

I just asked what set him apart from his colleagues in your opinion. That's not a negative statement but rather just a question. I was looking for your thoughts on the subject since I've never seen him in person and I'm writing from my phone so I can't pull up videos very readily.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

Did you ask Skip Stewart? To my knowledge the acts at Airventure are all volunteer and are uncompensated by Airventure/EAA (other than a few perks for the show).
    That's enough to keep a lot of acts away (especially those without name sponsors who will pay their way).

I've never heard of him either, but it looks like he has performe at Sun-n-fun for at least the last two years. As far as I know, all the airshow acts are still unpaid for the show. So, maybe he can only afford to donate one free show a year. (Looks like he is doing a Canadian tour during Oshkosh anyway)

Skip made his first Oshkosh appearance 2 years ago I believe. Flew the first 2 days and then moved on. I rememeber yelling to him "It's about time!" when he drove past after his performence. That got a great response from him! Prior to that, Skip wasn't being asked to come for several reasons that I won't go into here. That was back in the days when he was flying with Jim LeRoy. And yes, sometimes performers don't come because they do need to make money and flying at Oshkosh for the week makes them miss that opportunity elsewhere. For anyone who hasn't seen Skip fly, once you have, you'll always rememeber his name!