Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eagle Flights, just announced!

Goggles Eagle Flights, just announced!

The new program, Young Eagles for adults, named Eagle Flights, has just been officially announced!

http://www.eaa.org/news/2011/2011-11...le_flights.asp
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

What is the status of this program?

Any updates?
    Last edited by danielfindling; 04-17-2012 at 07:09 PM.

The program launch is scheduled during AirVenture this summer with the first two being flown by Rod and Jeff.
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

Can I fly the third

Eagle Flight

Will the Eagle Flights get the adults the free Sportys Ground School and e-Sport Aviation?

It will be interesting to see which "adult" demographic this will be aimed at.

I would like to think it's the 25-45 year old group, but somehow I keep thinking it will look like a line-up for AARP memberships at such events.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

HI Everyone!

We are working on the program and we will have a (at least one...possibly more) ground school course available for Eagle Flight participants. The age range is anyone 18 and above. At this point we think 35 and above....people that can afford the time and cost to get a rating...and utilize aircraft for pleasure and business.

In the beginning we see the Eagle Flight's being more of a one on one, word of mouth....asking friends and collegues that would be interested in learning how flying personal aircraft can be fun and also useful.

Rest assured we are working on developing the complete program, so when it is officially launched at Oshkosh AirVenture 2012....we can provide all the information and most importanty start signing up Eagle Flight volunteer pilots!

Blue skies and tailwinds!

Trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    It will be interesting to see which "adult" demographic this will be aimed at.

I would like to think it's the 25-45 year old group, but somehow I keep thinking it will look like a line-up for AARP memberships at such events.
    And what is wrong with the AARP elegible group? (Not that I'd ever join that organization) I got my ticket at age 74!
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375
    65LA out of 07N Pennsylvania

When looking to grow the field of aviation for the future there is a slight problem inherent with recruiting 74 year olds.

Not to say I'm against someone who is fit to fly that happens to be old taking up flying, but I do think it would be counter productive to spend a lot of money and time recruiting them.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Jerry....the AARP group is fine. We want to grow the pilot population. What we have found is that empty nesters....have the time and funds to pursue a long time goal of learning to fly. Also, this age group tends to get a rating and then purchases and or builds and aircraft!

One of the demographics that we need to consider are the business people that can really utilize an aircraft. I was talking with a sales person (43 years of age) that spends all his time driving...when he could visit the three accounts in one day...and be home for dinner....when he attains his pilots license. That is just one example of a possible Eagle Flight Candidate...there are hundreds more.

I know of a pilot that got his rating...and purchased an aircraft...to simply get his children to their colleges and back for visits.