Thread: Intro / kit plane question

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Intro / kit plane question

Hi I'm a Philadelphia based PP and a new EAA member (long time AOPA member). I've been away from GA for a few years and now that my kids are older I'm finally getting back in the air. I'm totally up to date on all the changes that were made during my downtime and I'm about to block out so time with a CFI to dust off the rust and get current.

My main reason for joining the EAA is because it has been a lifelong goal of mine to build my own aircraft. Looking into the future I'm planing to build a LSA because someday I might let the medical expire and fly as a sport pilot. The kits I'm researching are the RV-12, CH 650 and STOL CH 750. I'm very comfortable with my skills to complete any of these aircraft but I'm having a tough time making a decision on a finial choice.

I'm looking for a two place VFR aircraft to use for short XC trips with my wife and some fun flying with my kids. I would like a something with a generous useful load and good fuel consumption. If anyone would like to give an option on my choices please reply. Also if anyone has any of these aircraft please let me know what your real world empty weight numbers are. I'm curious how they compare to the number on the Vans and Zenith web sites

Thanks for your time,

rob
    Last edited by rlonghitano; 04-23-2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Spaces