Thread: Any body have a manual for a Navtronic Explorer?

Any body have a manual for a Navtronic Explorer?

Hello All,

A friend of mine recently acuired a Navtronic Explorer flight calculator that seens to work. Problem is there is no manual with it and I can't figure out how to use it. Does anybody out there have a manual for one of these that could be copied? We would certianly be willing to pay postage and copy fees if someone has one that their willing to share.

Thanks,

Tim

I am pretty sure I do. I believe they made two versions of the calculator, I am not sure which version I have. I would think they worked about the same, so instructions for one should be good for either one. I will dig it out, and I could copy or scan it for you. E-mail me at: ScottSchwarz@stratanet.com if you are still intrested.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottSchwarz View Post
    I am pretty sure I do. I believe they made two versions of the calculator, I am not sure which version I have. I would think they worked about the same, so instructions for one should be good for either one. I will dig it out, and I could copy or scan it for you. E-mail me at: ScottSchwarz@stratanet.com if you are still intrested.
    Email sent, thanks

I am pretty sure that I had one of those, am not sure if it is in a box somewhere or gone, but I doubt if I can find the manual.
    As I recall you had to enter the latitude and longitude of the destination, not just an identifier. So it was a little slow, I didn't try to use it in a cockpit in the air, but I did use it for preflight planning and so it would give me the read out which might me from Aspen to Oshkosh of 62* and 820 n miles or similar, which was faster than having to measure it on the sectionals.

I of course, backed it up with a course line on the sectionals and/or wac charts.