Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Q - ELT requirements for local flights?

Quote Originally Posted by rosiejerryrosie View Post
    Next time you are in the Carlisle area, look me up. Free ride over Gettysburg battlefields and Three Mile Island....I'll even let you drive a bit...
    That's a deal!
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

Ditto for the Birmingham (Alabama) area, Steve. We'll cruise up and down the Coosa River out of PLR in a Champ.

Sorry for the further derailment, but I am seriously thinking of putting in a PLR in a pouch on my harness (single seat, no ELT).
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Ditto for the Birmingham (Alabama) area, Steve. We'll cruise up and down the Coosa River out of PLR in a Champ.
    Sweet! Lunch will be on me or Kat....depends on which one of us remembers to grab cash that day.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

I was thinking of installing the OnStar system from an old GM auto. It keeps track of where I am and even talks to me. Problem is, it would ask if I'm OK after each of my terrible landings. ;-)

Problem is, it would ask if I'm OK after each of my terrible landings
    LMAO. I'm pretty sure the OnStar operators would get a little tired of that!