View Poll Results: What was your highlight of AirVenture 2011?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • B-29 "FIFI"

9 12.86%
  • Boeing 787 Dreamliner

0 0%
  • Evening entertainment [concerts, movies, etc]

1 1.43%
  • Centennial of Naval Aviation

1 1.43%
  • Tribute to Burt Rutan

2 2.86%
  • Night Air Show

9 12.86%
  • Tribute to Bob Hoover

2 2.86%
  • Forums, workshops, and exhibits

6 8.57%
  • I like it all

24 34.29%
  • Other [choice not listed here]

16 22.86%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What was your highlight of AirVenture 2011?

What was your highlight of AirVenture 2011?

Vote here to let us know what you liked best about AirVenture 2011.

My highltght of AirVenture 2011 was flying into Oshkosh with my Homebuilt
    My hat off to the Fisk controller he was outstanding. We also flew as a group of three planes we got seperated at Fisk heavy traffic
    However the Marshals found us and we got parked together in the homebuilt area (ZENAIR )
    Thank you for making this week a memorable event
    Jean Paul Gagnon

saterday wind storm

Coolest thing, was on sat. When Sean tucker was flying, and the wind from a nearby storm caused damage to many tents, awnings, and knocked over portapotties. Tucker kept the show alive with an adhock airshow during the wind, while the airboss tried to persuade him to land. Us that were racing back to the campground to secure our items, looked up, to see tucker standing still in the air, and being the showman that he is.....Thanks for the 2011 year....

I enjoyed seeing Oshkosh through the eyes of a 20 year old Ukraine student, Vadem and a 15 year old B-17 volunteer, Chase as I walked around with them for three days. Because one old geezer friend had to stay home, I could take these two plus two old geezer regulars in the van. We all had a great time. Next year I will fly the Cub, 75th anniversary for a different perspective on the show.
    Last edited by Rick Rademacher; 08-01-2011 at 01:46 PM.

The Electric Lazair ultralight. Watching him shut down one engine and maintaining altitude on a pass across the field. And knowing that he is soaring it for extended times back home. Realizing we will someday have a special row in the ultralight/light plane exhibit area for electric aircraft.

Best part was volunteering nearly all day for 10 days to help make sure others had a good time. Try it...you'll like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fareed Guyot View Post
    Vote here to let us know what you liked best about AirVenture 2011.
    We flew into OSH in an RV10. It was really cool to be parked in a sea of other RVs!

Realizing we will someday have a special row in the ultralight/light plane exhibit area for electric aircraft.
    Yeah, but there is probably never going to be a day where it is applicable to more than just that niche market and the "Oh, isn't that different" sort of response.

The night airshow was a blast! I missed it last year. But I couldn't pick just one event as the stand-out highlight! I had a blast the whole week! Can't wait for next year!!

I will say that another high point was when a gentleman in an RV stopped at my intersection to ask about where he'd be parking. Once we'd gotten everything straight, I grinned and shouted the familiar, "Welcome to Oshkosh!" His passenger, a young man who possibly had Down's Syndrome smiled, thanked me, and offered his hand for a handshake. That had me grinning for the rest of the evening.
    Last edited by Jason Alexander; 08-02-2011 at 02:53 PM.

+1 night airshow! Weather was perfect, the airshow was awesome, the fireworks were amazing, and no mosquitoes!
    Last edited by Kamic; 08-03-2011 at 09:59 AM.
    Michael Goetzman - Milwaukee WI
    https://picasaweb.google.com/goetzman