Thread: DC-3 c-47 engines

DC-3 c-47 engines

I need help I am doing research on a DC-3 and C47 and i have looked at the Maintance manuals and product lists but I can not seem for figure this part out. on many pictures there is what looks like a black rubber tube wraped around the fuel and oil lines. I need to know what this is and what the part number is or any information you might have. We think its a fire sleeve but doesnt make sence to only have short bits around the lines forward of the firewall. Any help would be awesome. my email is Fscheer@mac.com

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    (Off topic replies removed)

Hi trigne - just FYI, I removed your other copy of this post; generally speaking, it's a little counterproductive to post the same thing in more than one place as it just fractures the conversation. As to your question, it'll be listed in the forum section of e-Hotline when it goes out tonight, so that whould hopefully get a lot more eyes on it and hopefully someone out there will have an answer for you.

Regards -

Hal

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

I asked a friend of mine who was a C-47 mechanic during WWII and he said that you might be seeing pictures of a "jury rigged" repair that some mechanics used to minimize the leaks and to help get the planes back in the air ASAP.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.