Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EAA Monthly Photo Contest - July 2012

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar

EAA Monthly Photo Contest - July 2012

The photo contest continues!

Submit your photos for the change to see it used as our featured wallpaper download:http://www.eaa.org/wallpaper

Here's how it works:
    1. First, you’ll take a great photo, one that evokes the spirit of aviation. Feel free to include a caption or any other notes about the setting, subject matter, etc. The "spirit of aviation" is a broad definition - show us pictures OF aircraft, pictures taken FROM aircraft, people thinking ABOUT aircraft ... well, as long as it's obvious ... anyway, you get the idea.
    2. Then, you’ll reply to this thread and embed the picture in your post. (We prefer it if you include just one picture per post.) Note: to embed a picture, click the image button on the toolbar to find and upload the file .... Please use this method to make the picture immediately visible as opposed to simply attaching the file.
    3. As our deadline approaches, the photo submissions will be reviewed by the editorial team (and me), meeting in a secure and undisclosed location, and we will choose a winner to be used as our featured wallpaper (with full and appropriate credit, naturally.)
    4. We’ll contact the photographer directly to arrange for their submission of a high-res version of the winning photo as needed (see below.) We’ll also provide the basic legalese at that point to ensure that we have the rights to publish the photo.

There are a few things to point out:
    • The photo contest is open to all members of EAA.
    • Note that, above, we said you’ll take the photo – submissions must be made by the original photographer.
    • Photos must be posted here to be considered – email submissions will not be accepted.
    • In addition, the pictures you post here will be automatically resized for web viewing, which means they may not be of a high-enough resolution for the desktop wallpaper. So, in order for your picture to be considered for publication, you must be able to provide a high resolution version on request.
    • This means that the original must be 3 Megapixels (~2048 x 1536) or higher.
    • Enter as many pictures as you like – the more the merrier! (Though, again, we prefer you post each picture separately.)
    NOTE:
    The deadline for submissions to the July 2012 contest is
    May 15th, 2012.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Name:  my slide show 005.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  82.5 KBTimeless

Nasa 747/ov103

Name:  Shuttle_Discovery-1_lores.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  62.9 KBName:  Shuttle_Discovery-2_lores.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  81.1 KB

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Wow, Tony - wonderfully timely shots!

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    Wow, Tony - wonderfully timely shots!
    Thank you, Hal. It was a pretty amazing site!

Hunter Valley in New South Wales Australia
    Wow. It certaintly looks used.

Name:  P8162289.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  90.6 KB ELMO Takes flight! He's my mascot actually - keeps me on tracke while practicing for this year's 2012 IAC sportsman! My RV4 - sitting at CYVK - Vernon , B.C., Canada, I'm a COPA member, EAA and IAC member as well. I imported the plane myself from the USA - it has now only 260hours TT on it now - runs fantastic - but it was quite the paper war to get my CND registration - both Elmo and I have celebrated with about 60 flights now since last August 31st when I got my Canadian C of A for it. I imported it myself - and flew it back from the US - I can help other's if they are planning to do this themselves it's not quite like importing other vehicles say like a motor bike or car - much more invovled - particularily with X - ing the border etc... customs on both sides - EAPIS etc... Can Pass on our side etc... then the FAA, Transport Canada and the MDRA in my case for these "amature built AC's. If I can help someone who's planning to do this I would love to be of help.

Thanks - I guess they are all used eh - once it's started for the first time - my plane has a unique history though - a fellow in Oregon - (where - else eh?) built mine - from scratch - this was well before any quick build kits etc... or even pre drilled - and matched holes etc... so it was a lot of work he took about 5years to complete the project - he also rebuilt the engine as well which was a certified e2d - 0-320 from a Cessna - I have all the recipets for the engine parts - pistons and rings etc.. did stuff to the bottom end as well - it runs tight - like brand new really. After the builder finished it - and he got the C of A - from the FAA it sat for 14 years aprox. My guess is that he had a hard landing that freaked him out - and or due to health issues he just did'nt fly it. It was purchased by an american in WA state he flew it 176 hours and all maintenance was done by and A and P - so I was pretty confident it was in good mechanical shape - but I brought along a friend of mine who has built 3 and was an A and P but now retired - to check it over before I bought it. I added those checkers - - they are also on the wing tips - as well . I worked on it hard last summer we put about 10K into it - with an AME (canadian Aircraft engineer) - the fellow that worked on it with me builds certified planes for a living so I knew he would do good work. I wanted it as perfect as I could get it before the "transport canada" inspection. It's another agency called the MDRA - that deals with recreational aircraft and they have their own AME's that come and do the TC - inspection. It's a stringent process I will tell you which is why I wanted it gone over throughly by and AME before the inspection which took 2 days to do! It's even more intensive then your usual 100hour. We did that as well before - as part of the requirements for importation into canada. As I've said - if anyone else out there is thinking of doing this versus buying here in canada be careful - you really need to know what you are getting yourself into - if it's a really rare bird like this is you may not have much of a choice - as a plane like mine is hard to come by here unless you build it yourself. I would love to build a F1 Rocket some day. now that I'm proficent at flying this I want more!! But that will wait till I'm retired in a couple of years from now. If you wondered why I put ELMO in my plane - it's because my 1year old daughter just loves ELMO - simple as that and I thought well if someone up there would look out for me while I'm up doing loops etc... and flying at 200mph - perhaps this will add some element of good luck! So Elmo rides shot gun with me most of the time! never complains or get's a sick tummy! Dosn't effect my flying performance much since he wieghts about a lb. My EW is under 1000 - at 975lbs. 6.5HP per lb. not too bad. 180HP would be nice.

Now friends
    Name:  friends.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  88.2 KB

Found this old British twin in dire need of restoration at the airport in Slaton, Tx. Pictures taken with a vintage Lomo Lubitel Camera on 6X6 color print film Fujicolor Superia XTRA 400.

Name:  in need of restoration 1.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  103.8 KB