Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EAA Monthly Photo Contest - July 2012

Name:  corsair.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  90.8 KBphoto taken by Joe Kanak EAA member 141025

This is a scan of a photo taken at the launch of STS-102, the Discovery on 03/08/01 at 0642 EST. It was the only space shuttle launch I had been to and it was a fantastic, multi-sensory experience, from the plume of flame and smoke to the roaring crackle of the rocket to the beautiful sunrise at launch time. My parents and I were watching it from the Florida coast along with several thousand other people. The launch viewing was a spur-of-the-moment activity, having had no pre-set vacation plans, but it was well worth getting up for the drive to the Cape from Venice, where my parents have their winter home.Name:  Top.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  35.4 KB
    Last edited by gtausten@gmail.com; 05-04-2012 at 09:17 AM.

A sunset flight on Lake Michigan over the sand dunes with push pull power. Photo taken with GoPro wing mounted.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Got to get me one of those - love that camera. I've got some cheap - camera done some video's but it's not as decent as the Go pro. Really makes a nice shot. I've been in quite a few of those push me pull me's.

cool shot!

Here is a picture of my daughter in my 5151 Mustang . She sat there and played for about 2 hours while I was working on it . Name:  baileyMustang.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  37.7 KB

Name:  2012-03-25 14.56.16.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  4.1 KBAnother of my daughter

Picture from Sun n Fun a few years ago

Name:  2012-05-05 20.44.28.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  4.4 KBI took this and have it hanging on my wall .. I had to take a picture of the picture but you get the idea .

Name:  2012-05-06 20.03.06.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  6.9 KBI got one more for you taken today . I went scuba diving with a buddy today and we came across a spring in the Gulf of Mexico near our house . We got out the metal detectors and found .50 cal rounds in the rocks and sand . Only explanation could be WWII training of some sort with aircraft .

Let's go fly!
    Sopwith F.1 Camel replica

Name:  tt03.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  93.2 KB

My Avian Adventurer on Sunday at Te Kuiti New Zealand (NZTT) during my first solo cross country in the aircraft (Its still in testing and I only got cleared to fly it last week!) absolutely beautiful autumn flying conditions here with a nice big anticyclone sitting over the country. Blue skies, dense air unlimited visibility and great scenery - cant get much better than that! In the background, the Clubhouse of the local aero club used to be a Grandstand for the Horse racing track that was previously on the site.
    "If it was supposed to be easy, everybody would be doing it...."

Proud designer / builder of Avian Adventurer ZK-CKE.