Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EAA Monthly Photo Contest - July 2012

corsair.jpgphoto taken by Joe Kanak EAA member 141025

This is a scan of a photo taken at the launch of STS-102, the Discovery on 03/08/01 at 0642 EST. It was the only space shuttle launch I had been to and it was a fantastic, multi-sensory experience, from the plume of flame and smoke to the roaring crackle of the rocket to the beautiful sunrise at launch time. My parents and I were watching it from the Florida coast along with several thousand other people. The launch viewing was a spur-of-the-moment activity, having had no pre-set vacation plans, but it was well worth getting up for the drive to the Cape from Venice, where my parents have their winter home.Top.jpg
    Last edited by gtausten@gmail.com; 05-04-2012 at 09:17 AM.

A sunset flight on Lake Michigan over the sand dunes with push pull power. Photo taken with GoPro wing mounted.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Got to get me one of those - love that camera. I've got some cheap - camera done some video's but it's not as decent as the Go pro. Really makes a nice shot. I've been in quite a few of those push me pull me's.

cool shot!

Here is a picture of my daughter in my 5151 Mustang . She sat there and played for about 2 hours while I was working on it . baileyMustang.jpg

2012-03-25 14.56.16.jpgAnother of my daughter

Picture from Sun n Fun a few years ago

2012-05-05 20.44.28.jpgI took this and have it hanging on my wall .. I had to take a picture of the picture but you get the idea .

2012-05-06 20.03.06.jpgI got one more for you taken today . I went scuba diving with a buddy today and we came across a spring in the Gulf of Mexico near our house . We got out the metal detectors and found .50 cal rounds in the rocks and sand . Only explanation could be WWII training of some sort with aircraft .

Let's go fly!
    Sopwith F.1 Camel replica

tt03.jpg

My Avian Adventurer on Sunday at Te Kuiti New Zealand (NZTT) during my first solo cross country in the aircraft (Its still in testing and I only got cleared to fly it last week!) absolutely beautiful autumn flying conditions here with a nice big anticyclone sitting over the country. Blue skies, dense air unlimited visibility and great scenery - cant get much better than that! In the background, the Clubhouse of the local aero club used to be a Grandstand for the Horse racing track that was previously on the site.
    "If it was supposed to be easy, everybody would be doing it...."

Proud designer / builder of Avian Adventurer ZK-CKE.