Thread: RC Flying

RC Flying

Looking for airports anywhere that allow RC flying on the grounds. How about OSH?
    David Reinhart
    ASN Volunteer/KFIT

I'm fairly certain that RC flying is NOT allowed at Wittman Field here in Oshkosh, with the exceptions of some prearranged events. The AirVenture Museum hosted an RC event in 2010 down on the convention grounds, but a section of airspace was carved out for us to use by the tower. Here is where most of the local Oshkosh guys fly: http://www.wrcf.rchomepage.com/Field/flying_field.htm

I'm sure it's a different situation with uncontrolled fields, but then again, I really can't say with any certainty.

Zack

Not a really safe thing to do. An RC is awfully difficult to see when you are flying into one, and you all know what a bunch of geese did to a fairly big airplane....
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375
    65LA out of 07N Pennsylvania

In 2009, there were guys flying RC planes just west of the chapel and memorial wall the morning of the ceremony, which is the last day of Airventure. It was unrelated to the ceremony. The area they were flying in is at Pioneer airport. I have noticed when looking through the AF/D that some airports have RC activity on the grounds, KFKS states in the remarks section "Radio controlled model acft opr W of rwy."
    Last edited by DaveH; 04-13-2012 at 09:59 AM.

The flying at Pioneer is part of the KidVenture activities and is prearranged with the tower.