Thread: Restored and modified quadrants

Restored and modified quadrants

I was sent these two old quadrants with the request to add a third control arm if possible.
    I added 2" in height to the throttle arm to fit the 3rd arm between the front arm and the throttle.
    The front arm has a 1" O.D tube cut in half to off set the control arm to the cable connection arm.
    I used 3/4" O.D tubing to fit between the 1" tubing and the throttle tubings 3/8".
    New curved upper spacers to give some distance between all the arms
    What do you think?

Rock and Joan

Baxter Quadrants Inc.
    624 S.W. Langston Rd.
    Renton, WA. 98057
    (206)-303-7020
    baxterquadrants@qwest.net
    http://baxterquadrants.com
    Name:  01.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  15.0 KBName:  02.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  13.4 KBName:  03.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  14.1 KB

Very nice. I'm going to need a custom throttle quadrant for my design here in a few years. Could you do a center console variant with the following options?
    -Throttle (including reverse since I'll be running a single engine turboprop)
    -Condition (fuel mixture)
    -Prop setting
    -Flaps lever
    -Speed brake/spoiler lever (three position: retracted, "armed" (for deployment when the landing gear squat switches activate) and deployed)
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

Sounds fun, contact me when your getting close and we can design what you need.

Rock and Joan

Baxter Quadrants Inc.
    624 S.W. Langston Rd.
    Renton, WA. 98057
    (206)-303-7020
    baxterquadrants@qwest.net
    http://baxterquadrants.com

Will do. I may actually shoot you an e-mail here shortly with some more details. Because the goal was to make the cockpit as comfortable and spacious as possible, we had kind of designed the aircraft from the inside out so a lot of the major structures for the interior have already been laid out.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.