I heard a lecture today about a "pilots bill of rights" as sponsored by Sen. Inhoff. Many may recall years ago when the FAA attacked Bob Hoover. It was quickly very obvious that they had no case, but the FAA pursued, supended and hassled Bob for 3 years, before finally reinstating Bob. I don't think he ever got an apology, much less compensatory damages. I never understood the cause, why they went after a pilot who is well known to be one of the best ever, as well as a patriotic veteran and a nice guy. Bob said it was related to the FAA wanting to force airline pilots to retire at age 60 and it looked bad for their case to have him flying airshows at 70.
The Senator'sbill gives some basic fairness to the process that has been one sided in the past. This is an imiportant issue for all pilots. Inhoff calls himself the most conservative member of congress and represnts the oil industry, and we don't see many issues the same way, but he is taking the lead on this one.
What was done to Hoover was one of the most disgraceful things our govt has ever done.