Thread: What's up with Synergy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What's up with Synergy

Hi all,

Did John McGinnis and/or Synergy make it to AirVenture this year? I didn't (obviously) and haven't seen or heard anything at all one way or the other. What's the latest?
    --
    Richard

Did John give his presentation on the 27th ?
    Last edited by FSMP; 07-30-2011 at 03:12 PM. Reason: .

Yes, he did. He also brought the scale model. But no numbers were stated and he estimated only 25% chance to be ready for GFC at end of Sept.

Here is the link to Synergy's Facebook page where there are now links to a series of YouTube videos that appear to cover the entire presentation.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Synerg...12353422181543

&*^%$#*() One of the main reasons I went to OshKosh and some how I missed the Johns presentation. Ahhhhgggg!

If you feel like being part of the cause, Help them Make History http://www.synergyaircraft.com/ What I learned in the forums from him was worth the cost of a book.

Maybe if if the price is right $$ he'll write your name in the dust on the shop wall ;D

Tom

Synergy aircraft

I just watched the video and this is REALLY cool! The first time i saw anything with the boxed wing concept was a boxed wingtip treatment to a Gulfastream at Airventure 2010. I wonder why its taken this long for someone to introduce this concept (unless its really been done before and I just never saw it).

Regarding this aircraft specifcally, any idea why the designer chose a 5 seat version instead of a 2 or 3 seat version for starters? Also, for the traveling family (like me and my wife in particular), why would he put the pilot "alone" up front?

Really looking forward to the development on this. Could be a realtively simple kit build.