Thread: VAA Aircraft Insurance Program

VAA Aircraft Insurance Program

Please see the VAA home page for important information concerning changes to the VAA Aircraft Insurance program.

www.vintageaircraft.org and on the EAA home page at www.eaa.org

April 24, 2012 –EAA and EAA’s Vintage Aircraft Association (VAA) are taking steps to support owners of vintage aircraft after the changing insurance environment may have left some owners questioning whether they had coverage for their aircraft.

This week, VAA ended its long business relationship with the Aviation Unlimited Agency (AUA, Inc.) to provide insurance to vintage aircraft owners. For those VAA members who carried aircraft insurance policies issued through AUA, EAA and VAA have created a process to make sure that insurance is also available for them through the EAA Aircraft Insurance Plan.

If you obtained your vintage aircraft insurance through AUA, you may have questions regarding your coverage. If you’d like to learn more about the EAA Aircraft Insurance Plan, representatives are available to help by calling 866-647-4322.You may want to have your policy available during the call for reference.

---Some common questions regarding vintage insurance and AUA policies---

Q: My aircraft insurance obtained through AUA as part of the VAA Aircraft Insurance program is due for renewal shortly. What should Ido?
    A: As AUA is no longer associated with the VAA Aircraft Insurance program, those wanting to obtain coverage in association with VAA can contact EAA Aircraft Insurance Plan representatives at 866-647-4322.They can help you obtain the right coverage for your aircraft.

Q: I’ve received a letter from an insurance underwriter stating my policy obtained through AUA has been cancelled. I’ve paid my premium. What should I do?
    A: Call the EAA Aircraft Insurance Plan representatives at866-647-4322, and give them your name and aircraft N-number. Also have your policy and any proof of payment available for reference.

Q: My policy obtained through AUA is not due for renewal for several months. Should I do anything now?
    A: It’s a good idea to check with your current agent or representatives of the EAA Aircraft Insurance Plan at 866-647-4322 to ensure your policy is in force for the remainder of the stated coverage. Have your name and N-number ready for the EAA representative.
    Last edited by H.G. Frautschy; 04-26-2012 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Edited for clarification