Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A/C Grade Nuts

Anyone know what % of our commonly available AN/MS fasteners are made in China? (Those we get from 'Spruce, Wicks, etc)

A network of builders will help.......gives you an excuse to go over and see their project too. And come to think of it, aren't we all Aircraft Grade Nuts?
    Last edited by prasmussen; 04-12-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mbundy View Post
    Anyone know what % of our commonly available AN/MS fasteners are made in China? (Those we get from 'Spruce, Wicks, etc)
    Two questions:
    1. Why does it matter?
    2. Who cares?
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

ME !
    Your not really supposed to use any hardware unless it is tracable back to a know manufacturer with approved manufacturing and quality standards. I'ts been a little while but when a part or batch of hardware is manufactured it is issued a 8130 tag. So for example if you called aircraft spruce and needs nuts with paper work to verify where the came from they would be able to provide it. Airlines strictly enforce traceablity. Otherwise there is nothing to keep the people from buy nuts at the hardware store and rebaging them as aircraft hardware.

I have seen () tons of hardware thrown away due to lack of paper work. The wife cracks heads daily to insure good parts are used in her aerospace products.

I don't want writers cramp like you Steve!
    http://www.aviationpros.com/article/...s-approval-tag
    Last edited by RV8505; 04-11-2012 at 04:36 AM.

Ah....I was wondering where you were going with that. I wasn't sure if it was a "counterfeit" parts issue or if it was one of those "Buy American!" tirades waiting to happen.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.