Thread: FlightPro Android Flight Planning

FlightPro Android Flight Planning

I'm the odd duck in that I use an Android tablet in my plane. I had the tablet before I got the plane and changing to another platform would have been too much of a headache with all of my installed Apps. So, I was thrilled when the flight planning App called Avilution came along. It was full featured, intuitive and the technical support was amazing. Later, the name changed to FlightPro and the new team hosted quite a kickoff party at Sun-N-Fun in 2014. Things were looking good for this efficient, effective and bargain priced App. Unfortunately, when I tried to update my airports database on 2/5/2015 along with my charts and approach plates the system wasn't working. Well, tech support had been there for me before, even on weekends, but this time the line was dead. No email response, no response from help requests from within the App, nothing. A couple of days later I got an email from someone purporting to be the chief counsel for FlightPro, blaming a disagreement between the Avilution support team and the FlightPro sides of the business. That letter promised to have updates up and running again this week. So far nothing has happened and there have been no other updates from the "lawyer" or from the tech support folks. Has anyone on this board been able to get insights into what is going on? Should I stop hoping for this company to get its act together and buy another App? Not having current charts, and more importantly, current approach and departure plates is a REAL problem!

I use FltPlan Go on my Nexus 7 tablet. It is free, works as a moving map, has all of the sectionals, charts, airport diagrams, etc. I think it is awesome (especially the price :-)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.fltplan.go
    -------------------
    Mark
    EAA 367635
    President EAA 245

1979 Maule M5-235C C-GJFK
    RV-8 C-GURV (Sold)
    Bearhawk #1078 C-GPFG (under construction)

There are so many flight planning and GPS apps available for your Droid, just try out a few of the others and see if you find one you like. iFly, WingX, Foreflight, etc. They all have a 30 day free trial. The subscriptions all cost about the same. Personally, I use an iFly 720, but use a Droid tablet as my backup GPS running the same software with the same capabilities, including talking to my ADS-B unit to display weather and traffic. ForeFlight seems to be the most often chosen app, but all of them have their strong and weak features.

By the time your 30 day trial for one of the other platforms expires, you should know whether FlightPro will still be a contender or not.

-Cub Builder

I use Garmin Pilot on both my Galaxy S4 and my Android tablet. It has been a huge help on Civil Air Patrol exercises since I can see the plane direction over the sectional. Also it saved me when I lost electrical in haze. I was able to take a quick look at my tablet to see what heading I should use. For my tablet I use it with bluetooth GPS

Quote Originally Posted by rv8bldr View Post
    I use FltPlan Go on my Nexus 7 tablet. It is free, works as a moving map, has all of the sectionals, charts, airport diagrams, etc. I think it is awesome (especially the price :-)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.fltplan.go
    nice choice. I prefer Avare. all the USA charting features one needs, it's on google play store, free, intuitive, outstanding developer support, and a great (courteous, too) user group. lots of other good choices, but the free apps don't get as much publicity sometimes. i recommend one start with the free ones before plunking down a bunchabucks.