Dan, That took guts!!

Years ago I started an ultralight company in Jim Bede's back Yard, Wichita Kansas. I lived in the same city he did , Valley Center Kansas. All of my local suppliers were all burnt by Jim Bede. One company in particular was owed over $750,000 dollars. Try starting a business in the wake of that disaster. It took me years of faithfully paying my bills to get up to 60 days of credit. Moller and Bede are really not one in the same, Jim Bede was a damn good designer, his downfall was building a plane that everyone wanted that he was not capable of delivering. Bede lost a considerable amount of his own money. That's a fact that very few people appreciate. Moller on the other hand is a pure snake oil salesman. He has been touting these vertical takeoff planes for over 10 years. His main investment appears to be artist renderings. When a respected organization like the EAA even mentions this guy, he is granted credence he does not deserve. Personally, I could not live with myself perpetrating a fraud like the Moller air cars. Designing, building and eventually selling plans for a product that puts someones life in danger is not a task to be taken lightly. I would expect that the EAA, which consists of designers and builders, would not only respect this, but would serve to filter bogus claims and information. Anyway, It took a lot of guts for you to retract that article, I personally did not realize it was "tongue and cheek" Keep up the great work!!

Mark Calder