Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The best hombuilt ?

Quote Originally Posted by WLIU View Post
    The best homebuilt is the one that YOU built. There is not greater satisfaction than pushing the throttle forward and leaving the runway in a machine that your hands spent hundreds or thousands of hours crafting.

Best of luck,

Wes
    N78041
    This!!

I'm too lazy to read all the posts going back to last March, but "Best homebuilt" is REALLY subjective. It really depends on your mission and what you want to do with the plane. For some, the Bearhawk is the best homebuilt out there. For me, the Tango is the best homebuilt. Yet other people might think the Maverick jet is the best.

It goes beyond the actual aircraft mission though. The type of material that you want to build with can play a huge part. In my case, I specifically wanted a composite bird. Others prefer aluminum or wood. Not sure if anyone out there is building with concrete, but if that's what they want and they can get it to fly, it may be the best homebuilt to them.

Don't forget about the construction process too. Complete kit, materials only kit, 100% scratch built, 100% self designed, etc.
    Someday I'll come up with something profound to put here.

I agree with the previous posts regarding selecting an aircraft that meets your desired use, etc. That being said:

I am half-way through my Kitfox build... I will be starting the fabric covering the first of April. With a great kit, great factory suport, and the forum (http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/) among the best.... I am EXTREMELY PLEASED.

(Also a huge thanks to the EAA for scheduling a "Fabric Covering Course" in Watsonville, CA March 23 & 24, 2013. Yes, I am enrolled! Timely to say the least!!!)