Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Aviation Films of All Time (?)

Quote Originally Posted by 1200AGL View Post
    +1...Also, Dawn Flight.

Quote Originally Posted by steveinindy View Post
    I had never even heard of it before this thread.

"The Dambusters" has to be one of my favorites. I happen to really love the primary piece of music in it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=871PPh5W6vI It's one of my favorite pieces to play on the violin.
    You gotta see Waldo Pepper, Steve. It's almost as good as "The Dambusters". BTW did you see the documentary where they recreated the development and testing of the bombs and the technique originaly used? Arnie Schroder of "Ice Pilots" fame flew the airplane that dropped the recreated bomb. Great video.
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375
    65LA out of 07N Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Gonitzke View Post
    +1...Also, Dawn Flight.
    Never heard of either of those.....
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

BTW did you see the documentary where they recreated the development and testing of the bombs and the technique originaly used? Arnie Schroder of "Ice Pilots" fame flew the airplane that dropped the recreated bomb. Great video.
    Nope but I will definitely go and look for the documentary. Do you recall what it was called?

I've also never seen "Ice Pilots". I honestly don't watch a lot of TV and after watching a couple episodes of "Flying Wild Alaska" and having to drink to suppress the urge to mail copies of my autopsy report release forms to the pilots featured therein, I'm hesitant to watch any more aviation based "reality" TV .

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

Nope but I will definitely go and look for the documentary. Do you recall what it was called?

I've also never seen "Ice Pilots". I honestly don't watch a lot of TV and after watching a couple episodes of "Flying Wild Alaska" and having to drink to suppress the urge to mail copies of my autopsy report release forms to the pilots featured therein, I'm hesitant to watch any more aviation based "reality" TV .
    Judy just googled it - It was called "Bombing Hitler's Dams", a NOVA presentation on PBS. Check out http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/militar...tler-dams/html. The science of it should interest you.

Oops. The direct link doesn't seem to work. Try www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova and click through to military and bombing-hitler-dams, or google it to get a direct link that might work better.

Yeah -- that works. Just takes a few more clicks to get there. Left side navigation - click on Military-espionage, then full episodes and it is about the 3rd or 4th choice. Enjoy
    Last edited by rosiejerryrosie; 03-30-2012 at 07:25 AM.
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375
    65LA out of 07N Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Gonitzke View Post
    +1...Also, Dawn Flight.
    Never heard of that one--I'll look it up.

Never heard of either of those.....
    Here's a clip from the Sun Ship Game that someone used for a presentation (the graphics were not part of the movie):

That's all I could find immediately on youtube.

Surely you couldn't leave out Airplane!
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Thanks Jerry. I owe you lunch at Oshkosh or something.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    Surely you couldn't leave out Airplane!

We couldn't......and don't call me shirley!!