Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Best Aviation Films of All Time (?)

Cloud Dancer!

(made with lots of EAA involvement)

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Groves View Post
    Cloud Dancer!

(made with lots of EAA involvement)
    I just (finally) got a copy of that one at Sun 'n Fun - long overdue!

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

A few years back on cable, I saw Steve McQueen in The War Lover and I would say worth watching. Many years ago I saw the Piece of Cake series on PBS and bought it. For the most part the flying and story go together well. And there is nothing like watching those low passes. I never tired of watching it and did view it so many times, I'm surprised the tape held out. You should have seen the wife rolling her eyes, when I pulled the tapes out.... priceless. The only problem I have with it now is I no longer own a VHS (conspiracy? I think so). I guess one day i'll need to convert it to disk or buy the DVD. Ben

Happy Piece of cake !

Piece of cake
    Wonderful series about a British
    squadron going to France before and
    during ww2 .
    Recommend it strongly !

ps
    It is available on DVD

Great Waldo Pepper! My wife is sick of seeing it. Also, "Always" is a good romantic remake of "A Guy Named Joe".

How about "High Road to China". "The ox is slow, but the earth is patient", great line from the movie.

Island in the Sky

"Islands in the Sky" One of my all time favorites and never makes anyones list. Ernie Gann wrote it and the Duke starred in it, JW played his role serious and without any bravado. Lots of great DC-3 footage in the Canadian north land, and great insite into the mindset required to survive a remote aircraft accident. The first time I saw it was after hours at an ALPA crash investigation course in the late 1990's.

Some of the best black and white DC-3 footage I have ever seen, inside the aircraft and out.

Amazon has it on DVD. Great quality footage

Luke

Just saw it last week; the newly restored Wings with Clara Bow. 1927 movie with REAL flying - not computer generated. First picture to win Best Picture Academy Award. Go see it - it's great!

Only slightly askew ... Just watched the Tuskeegee video on the EAA site: http://bcove.me/18kjb3oh. Isn't that Ronald Reagan narrating?
    Richard Johnson, EAA #395588

ONE SIX RIGHT

We have nearly worn out our copy of this DVD we have watched it so many times....between the historical perspective, the photography and the music I have to say this has become our favorite movie of all time.