Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chapter Websites and WEBS Support

I have been told that no news is bad news. I don’t know about all the other Chapter sites but the EAA supported cubs2oshkosh site forum area is still not working. Apparently even the leverage of the EAA can’t get Webs to act to fix the problem.

I am going to wait one more week before I go to another option for www.cubs2oshkosh.com . I can’t wait until AirVenture 2012 is over!

If I were on the Board at EAA, I would recommend that they dump Webs for EAA Chapter sites as they dumped the old 365 forums. All of you Chapter web operators need to take notice of this situation.
    Last edited by Rick Rademacher; 05-11-2012 at 02:11 PM.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    You know, or I hope that you do, that I share your frustration - while I don't have a sense that a major number of our Chapter or otherwise-supported sites actually use the forums feature, it is unacceptable for it to simply be broken as it is right now.

I'm communicating with Webs head of support at least once a day, and I will be the first to tell the world when they have found, tested, and implemented a fix for this issue.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

I just got an email from my support contact at Webs telling me that they've found the problem and that the fix is with their QA (Quality Assurance) team now. They hope to have the fix live this week, depending on what happens in QA. It *should* be a pretty straightforward change, but there's really no such thing in the software world. I'll let you know as soon as I have more.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor

My latest response from the Webs team stated a forum fix and photo fix was being implemented in a large update that is happening 5/18, so we'll cross our fingers and hope!

Here's a copy of the last communication from them...

Ryan, May 04 10:55 (EDT):
    Hi David,
    This is Ryan from Webs support.
    What you are reporting is a known issue. Our developers are aware of it an currently testing a fix. That fix should be launching along with our system update two weeks from today.
    I apologize for the inconvenience.
    If there is anything I can help you with right now, please let me know.

As of this past weekend, the forum area on www.cubs2oshkosh.com seems to be working. If anyone is still having trouble posting, please let me know of the issues. Now, if I can only find out why some people are missing from the site.

I've been spot-checking sites that I know of that use the forums app since the update on Friday, and haven't seen any issues as of yet. Please let me know if something else crops up.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor

On the forum area at www.cubs2oshkosh.com
    I am fit to be tied! When people try to create a new heading, they get the message “This operation is currently not available. Please try again”. And, others are saying they can’t post!
    Please try your EAA sites to see if you are experiencing these same issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Rademacher View Post
    On the forum area at www.cubs2oshkosh.com
    I am fit to be tied! When people try to create a new heading, they get the message “This operation is currently not available. Please try again”. And, others are saying they can’t post!
    Please try your EAA sites to see if you are experiencing these same issues.
    Yep, same issues. I've been trying to push the forums as a good place for the chapter to get together and set up flights, meet-ups, etc, and it's hard to convince them of this when the forums are as unreliable as they have been.

You cannot even reply to posts on our site.

As far as I can tell, this issue was resolved - please let me know directly if you're still running into this error.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor

The forums were not working !!! Today, they are back in operation! I suppose I should be happy they are working again. As long as they stay up 100% for the next 51 days, I will be happy!

www.cubs2oshkosh.com