Thread: Chapter Websites and WEBS Support

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Chapter Websites and WEBS Support

Just wondering if anyone else is having, or has had trouble uploading photos to the Photo Gallery on the news WEBS hosted chapter web sites? While the editor is somewhat klunky, I've managed to struggle with it for severlal months now and we've got a fairly decent site put together. We haven't had any problems uploading photos until this weekend.

Some will load and others will not... but it isn't the same pattern, just random failures during each attempt. Here is what I get when I try to upload...

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 646
Size:  58.6 KB

I posted a request on the WEBS - GetSatisfaction forum and they simply merged my request with another long and ongoing discussion about people having the same, or similar issues. http://support.webs.com/webs/topics/...from_gsfn=true

The primary recommendation on this thread was to update Adobe Flash. I've tried to upload my photos from three different computers using two different browsers (IE and Firefox)... and I've even updated Flash (which was already current) on one machine... still, no joy.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Hal, have you had to address this before? The web sites are alright once we struggle through the setup, but maintaining them is difficult enough without the added frustration. Hopefully someone has a fix.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Hi Mark -

I haven't encountered this issue directly, and I haven't gotten any other reports from other Chapters at this point. I'll reach out to Webs and see what I can find out, but please bear with me as I'm headed out of town for a week (to work our booth at Sun 'n Fun) so I'll be at least occasionally off the grid.

Best -

Hal

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Thanks... I'm working with them too, but so far the solutions are not working out. There are several other WEBS users that are having similar problems outside of EAA, so hopefully they will find a solution.

If they do, I'll post an update here.

Thanks again!

No real explination was offered on what the problem was, but suddenly I was able to upload images just as I was in months past. The moderator on the WEBS forum simply stated, "This issue should now be resolved. Please let us know if additional assistance is needed."

Glad to hear that it's fixed, and thanks for the update Mark - I'm still curious as to what happened. Keep me posted if anything similar pops up again.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor

Glad you had some luck with Webs support - I'm trying to get the forums working for our chapter and I contacted Webs support on 4/10 and they still have yet to address my problem.

FYI - I had multiple conversations with Webs' director of support today about the forums issue - I hope to have an update tomorrow.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Managing Editor