Thread: EAA design contest?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You're inspiring, Eric. :-) With the goal of furthering the discussion ... what are your actual mission requirements? Would a sensible selection of a cross-section of EAA'ers missions provide a good starting point for contest requirements?

I listed all the farms, roads, beaches, bays, lakes, and airports I'd like to fly to. Then I went to google and got distances. Then I used that information to build the rest. The results astounded me and also reminded me why I'm not current.

Seats: 2 required (side by side), 4 desired
    Fuel: autogas or diesel, electric or avgas less desirable but not deal killers
    Endurance: 4 hours + vfr reserve (my "average" distance to fly is about 350 miles, greatest single-leg up to 750 miles)
    Speed: 140 mph +
    Economy: < 8 gal / hour
    Ideally, able to haul a couple hundred pounds of cargo and land on floats

Few options already available. Ignoring Ron's red-hot idea poker, how are those for starting conditions? Too loose? Too severe?
    Richard Johnson, EAA #395588

Quote Originally Posted by spungey View Post
    Seats: 2 required (side by side), 4 desired
    Fuel: autogas or diesel, electric or avgas less desirable but not deal killers
    Endurance: 4 hours + vfr reserve (my "average" distance to fly is about 350 miles, greatest single-leg up to 750 miles)
    Speed: 140 mph +
    Economy: < 8 gal / hour
    Ideally, able to haul a couple hundred pounds of cargo and land on floats

Few options already available. Ignoring Ron's red-hot idea poker, how are those for starting conditions? Too loose? Too severe?
    Got you covered. Just add money.
    http://tinyurl.com/transport-solution
    Murphy's 13th: Every solution breeds new problems...

http://www.spoonworld.com