Thread: Dual Controls for Zenith 601 HDS?

Dual Controls for Zenith 601 HDS?

Does anyone have information on how to install dual controls for the Zenith 601 HDS/HD?

Doesn't the manufacturer normally provide that sort of information?
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

Quote Originally Posted by steveinindy View Post
    Doesn't the manufacturer normally provide that sort of information?
    At least Sonex does. I'm building a Sonex and the drawings have all the details for either a single or dual control installation. I chose to build a dual stick aircraft, but have all the information needed to build it as a single stick. I'm surprised that Zenith doesn't do the same.
    Bill

A CH 601HDS has dual controls. The "Y" shaped stick is center mounted so the plane can be flown from either seat. I believe brakes are installed on the left side only.
    I'm guessing you want to install dual control sticks. If that's the case, you'll have to come up with your own design or copy someone else. A guy near here built a CH 701 and elected to install a dual stick control system of his own design. I can sent you his contact info if you are interested. Other buiders have installed dual stick controls in Zenith airplanes so perhaps you can contact some of these builders and see if they will share their design info.

Yes Marty, I want to install dual control sticks for the 601 HDS. If you have any information on this subject, or know of someone you can referrer me to, I would really appreciate it.
    My email is
    mmikulec@yahoo.com.

Also, I live just around the corner from you in Milford MI.

See Ya,

Marcel

Unfortunately Steve, Zenith does not for the 601 HDS.

Quote Originally Posted by mmikulec View Post
    Also, I live just around the corner from you in Milford MI.

Sent you an email. I have a friend that lives in Milford. Isn't that where Jimmy Hoffa is buried under someone's barn? lol...

Ha! Ha!. Well I just purchased my home. Maybe I should look under the barn! Ha! Ha! Also, thanks for the email.

Furthermore, if anyone else has any additional information on this, please reply to this thread.

Dual sticks in 601 HDS

I am building a CH650B which has a dual-stick option. Zenith has a drawing available on their website that will give you an idea of how this kit is configured. I cannot say that this kit will actually fit the 601 HDS model. Please contact Caleb at the Zenith factory in Mexico, MO - he is probably the best source of information on this. The number is on the Zenith website www.zenithair.com.

Larry