Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should i leave Oshkosh on sunday or monday?

Rolls Eyes Should i leave Oshkosh on sunday or monday?

Booking my airline tickets today and can't decide whether to leave Oshkosh on sunday or monday, July 29th or 30th. Does anything usually happen on the last day or does everyone start to leave that day. I wouldn't want to miss out on anything good on sunday. I called the Nationwide Travelers Bus that goes to Appleton airport and they don't run on monday. So if i stay till then i will have to find other transportation to appleton airport on monday. Any ideas for that?

skeeter

While I'm all for staying as long as you possibly can, you really won't miss much on Sunday. The event is already in "wind down mode," vendors are packing up, 90% of the airplanes are gone and the airshow is pretty minimal. You'd do better to come a day early when the event is still winding up and all the excitement in building.
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"

I was planning to arrive on sunday. Hopefully i should be able to get a good tent campsite. looks like the last shuttle to appleton on Sunday is 3pm. That should give me plenty of time to wrap up the day. That is as long as i don't missing the shuttle or it is full. That would suck.

There are taxis to Appleton if you should miss the bus; perhaps a few other ways to hitch a ride also if desperate. I find Sunday morning of some interest as the vendors are required to be still open, and if they have any stock left they will often offer some pretty good discounts. They'd rather sell it than have to pack and haul or ship it back.

I always try to be out of there by noon or so on Sunday but that's solely because there is normally a couple of things I want to do on Sunday morning.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

Purely my opinion, but if the weather is good, I would leave Sunday evening or wait until Monday. I say that because one of the most enjoyable and relaxing parts of the week is sitting in a chair or standing in one of the Canon photo stands on the flight line and watching planes leave. Sometimes it is the only chance you'll have to see some of the aircraft fly.

Zack

Just bought my tickets. They jumped $150 for leaving sunday in one day. So now i bought the tickets for leaving on monday and unfortunately i'm arriving on Monday, the first day of the airshow. I bet it will be plenty hectic trying to find a camp stop. So i will be working on finding a ride from oshkosh to appleton on monday

Skeeter, you are likely not the only one leaving on Mon. am so when you get there ask around or even post a note looking for someone who might give you a ride up to APPL. There are also courtesy buses or vans that go from some of the hotels up to the airport at Appl. They are supposed to be for the customers staying at the hotel, but what driver can't use an extra $25. Also of course there are taxis, which is likely the surest way.

What time Monday do you arrive? I'll be in OSH at Sleepy Hollow Campground. Give me a call. I'll take you APPL.

Marshall Alexander (405) 417-6077c

I'll be coming into appleton at 9am. not sure how long it will take to get to the show. If you mean on leaving the show on monday the 30th, i have a flight at 4pm.