Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Future EAA Sweepstakes - Pipe dreams and other suggestions wanted!

Quote Originally Posted by jhausch View Post
    Sounds good to me, too...
    I'm really pining for the Super SeaBee. Man do I lust after one of those.
    Dave Sterling
    1957 PA22-150/160
    N6929D
    Website

Banned
    Hal,

Excuse the formatting here, but for all my trying, I can't seem to isolate single sentence quotes for reply within a posting.

1st par.- I would have thought so too. We were soooooo good for 2 1/2 pages in and then TSHTF. And I replied STFU in the nicest but firmest manner.

2nd par.- Funny, funny, funny! Made me laugh out loud. I want to be the fly on the wall when you say that to the VP. And then I read it again...and laughed even louder.

Last par.- I was very civil...but my alter ego went apoplectic. Aren't you pleased I can control my other state?

Floats had it right - I take exception that only a spam can is suitable for a prize; but I should have toned down my response. Hmmm, may have to track him down to have a civil debate over an adult beverage some day!

Back on track - some other ideas:

EAA Super Member Package:

Lifetime membership.
    Lifetime "free" admission to Air Adventure (yep, like a "free" dog, but less expensive)
    Assorted EAA stuff - shirt, cap, jacket, etc.
    Pick three EAA building seminars and go without charge (lodging, etc. not included)
    ATC tour - be a fly on the wall as they route traffic into Oshkosh
    Two tickets on any EAA ride - B17, etc.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    Hmmm, may have to track him down to have a civil debate over an adult beverage some day!
    I'm buying! (I might even bring some hidden camera footage of me making a fool of myself in front of various VPs... )

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    I'm buying! (I might even bring some hidden camera footage of me making a fool of myself in front of various VPs... )
    LMAO I'm game if my presence would be welcomed.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

I didn't realize we were throwing out options for all the prizes and not just the big one. In that case, I think an all-expenses paid trip for four to Oshkosh would be pretty amazing. Throw in some tickets to a VIP event or two during the week and reserved parking up front for the included rental car and that would make a pretty special trip for someone.
    Ryan Winslow
    EAA 525529
    Stinson 108-1 "Big Red", RV-7 under construction

Banned
    Hal, thanks, I'll be there to have one...and bring that footage!

Frank, I dunno...maybe... if you're not packin'(yes I read that frightening thread and was so appalled and speechless, I couldn't respond) or have a cleko hidden in your pants.

Steve, of course your welcomed and you can serve as a buffer shield and another target in case Frank goes postal.

Is there a list of the previous sweepstakes planes available online?

Spirit of St. Louis, or sumsuch like that................

Guess being the "one third" you present to us as factual, I miss seeing any of your corporate spirit towards the true identity and historical beginnings of EAA as we know it...........not sure I appreciate your attitude and the thoughts you speak of concerning the other "2/3" not knowing or wanting something along the lines of a kit aircraft? Rather than your opinion Sir, why not rely on and listen to the answers you requested from the people you asked concerning this question to begin with...............

Sid Hausding
    Alpena, Michigan 49707
    989-356-0048
    avidsid@yahoo.com
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Marty, the "evidence" is that slightly less than one-third of EAA members are homebuilders based on statistical data both duly noted in various threads on this forum and collected by EAA. Add to that the many thousands of predominatly non-flying visitors who attend Airventure daily to see an airshow and would be inclined to buy tickets for a chance at winning a built aircraft they could use immediately to get their licence.

I am part of the two-thirds and I would not want to pay the required mandatory taxes on a prize I would not use or have any use for.

Definitely use a certified aircraft for the sweepstakes. Nothing against Homebuilts, I am a builder, but I think the most tickets would be sold if the aircraft is certified and flying.