Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Future EAA Sweepstakes - Pipe dreams and other suggestions wanted!

Hmmm...how about a nice P-51? Some other ideers: SubSonex kit, Bell 47, RV-12 kit, Yak 52, Polen Special (most beautiful airplane ever built in my opinion), Navion, Cessna Skycatcher...come to think of it, just about any flying machine will do!

I like the idea of giving away a completed RV but with a twist. Why not start with an older RV and spend the year showing articles of it being upgraded. Put a new engine in it, new paint job, upgrade the avionics, re-do the interior, etc.

Keith

What would make a good Grand Prize for an EAA Raffle?

How about several inexpensive ones instead? Think Fly Baby, Pietenpol, Champ. No need for glass panels, just the cool new Dynon gear that I can't put in my current plane.

Wouldn't one of each of these still be less expensive than a restored, certified anything?
    — Hank
    1970 M20-C

Doesn't the Champ fall under "certified"?
    Ryan Winslow
    EAA 525529
    Stinson 108-1 "Big Red", RV-7 under construction

True, my bad. But at least it's a fraction the cost of most "modern" certified aircraft . . .
    — Hank
    1970 M20-C

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Pipistrel Virus SW with the 100 rotax, high performance cheap to operate once won. Cruise 146 knots sipping fuel, 800 mile range or opt for the extended range wings and go 2400 miles.
    I am with you Seadog. The dealer is near Tampa. Can be ordered as either LSA with the 3 blade fixed pitch prop or as self launch glider with the feathering/controlable prop. Price is in the ballpark with other kits. And they have a fast build. Or get it as a SLSA.

Advantage of a glider over LSA is that you don't even need the drivers license for medical certification. You do need a photo ID from the list in FAR 61. Also fewer of the Sport pilot restrictions.

This is the bird that won the NASA Challenge for efficiency. Its strong too. The computer says that it will take you to 11G.

I'm not fussed what aircraft is in the sweepstakes - I'd just like overseas members such as myself to have a fair chance to win it as well. I find it very annoying that overseas members aren't eligible, since I pay my membership fees like anyone else...
    "If it was supposed to be easy, everybody would be doing it...."

Proud designer / builder of Avian Adventurer ZK-CKE.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    If it were up to us, the sweepstakes would be available worldwide, believe me - we have nothing to gain by restricting it to the U.S. and (most of) Canada.

Unfortunately, every country has specific regulations that govern these things, from laws that require governmental registration to laws that forbid these types of contests altogether. Because of this, there's just no way for us to create a program that is universally available. It's just the unfortunate reality of promotions like this - if we could do it, we would.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation