Thread: New FAA mechanics handbooks

New FAA mechanics handbooks

Just thought I would tip you guys off, if you didnt already know, about the NEW Airframe and Powerplant handbooks that have just been published by the FAA. Updated with current information, lessons learned, and free to download/print. Should be in every mechanics and HOMEBUILDERS library!
    http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/aircraft/

Looks like a good resource to have generally, not just the A&P portions

Aaron is too modest to mention that he is mentioned in the FAA manual's acknowledgements for their use of his welding charts. Good job!

Fred,
    There were a LOT of people that helped write these books, I felt very fortunate to be able to help write/edit some parts of it. Hope everyone finds it useful!

Great work Aaron. Many of the Part 43 Advisory Circulars are also good things for mechanics, aircraft owners, and home builders to have access to:

http://www.faa.gov/regulations_polic...entTopicID/114

Thank you, Aaron. Nice to have, tho as an antediluvian I still prefer BOOKS that I can hold in my hand, write on, thumb through, and THROW when the mood strikes me!

While e-thumbing through FAA-H-8083-31 (Aviation Maintenance Technician Handbook- Airframe- Vol. 1), my eye fell in disbelief on Fig. 2-12, Trim tabs. The picture shows a Cessna 172-like airplane with properly placed trim tabs for the elevator and rudder, but for the wings, the trim tabs are on the FLAPS! I hope the fact-checkers didn't let too many goofs like that slip in.

Hunter Heath