Thread: Bandsaw blade source?

Bandsaw blade source?

Does anyone have a good source for 1/4 inch .025 wide 32 tpi bandsaw blades that will cut 4130 sheet? My preveious ones were Do-All about 77 inches long, but have finally given up the ghost. I can't seem to find them anywhere. My 15 inch Sears wood bandsaw has been modified with a 10:1 speed reducer.

Have you tried McMaster Carr and Grainger? I can usually find whatever I need there.

Here is another source, but they don't list 77 inch as being a standard length. They can make it if need be.

http://www.toolcenter.com/BANDSAW_BLADES.html

I bought blades from sawblade.com, recommended.

Our local welding supply will make up blades to order in any pitch and width you want. You might also try any local machine shop as they all have blade welders and usually keep a good variety of blade stock. Another alternative might be to purchase a roll of blade stock and make a visit to a vocational school with a machine shop class. They will sometimes have students weld blades for individuals. You might even enroll in some night classes and learn to do them yourself and pickup a few new skills. My first introduction to Homebuilt Aircraft was when I was substitute teaching a night class at a Vo-Tech and one of the students was building a Mustang II.

It turns out when I cut a worn out blade & checked length - it was 80 inches. I now recall my dad used silver solder to join scarfed blade ends together too.

Call the L.S Starrett co. They will custom weld you any blade you want and will be the best blade you ever used.

I've had good luck with these guys:
    http://www.sawblade.com/index.cfm
    They have a ton of combinations of length, tpi, materials, etc....

If you have a local Fastenal, they will generally custom make a blade for you from stock ata reasonable price. That's what i ended up doing for mine and I think the blade only cost me about $20.
    Dave Sterling
    1957 PA22-150/160
    N6929D
    Website

My bandsaw blade cup runneth over! Thanks for the leads guys.
    NRP