Thread: Why I won't be back to Oshkosh

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bill, I don't think that I have to protect myself from anything at EAA or the museum, and I've never felt threatened in any way while at our convention, but the fact is, none of us knows when or where something may happen. You are really missing the point, and not making the proper connection... it is a matter of principal, and whether or not EAA has taken a position in this matter... not simply whether or not we can carry into the museum. If our organization is playing politics with an issue that is very near and dear to some of us, there is likely to be some backlash. You don't understand that? Fine, it's not necessary that you do.

As for the differences in where we live... I don't think people here feel that they NEED to carry a gun... in fact, we have pretty decent crime statistics. Again, the concept escapes your grasp. I don't wake up in the morning with the idea that someone violent and armed is out to get me... but I do arm myself because I enjoy exercising my rights, and I want a fighting chance if I'm approached by some whacked out meth head or car jacker. You can't relate to that? Ok, fine! Don't carry, and don't bother to comment on my desire to do so... we obviously disagree.

Have I ever seen anyone shot... well Bill, I served in the US Army as an Infantry Paratrooper in the 82nd Airborne Division and Southern European Task Force. I've been all over the world and witnessed scenes much more disturbing than you describe... so yeah, for what it's worth, I've experienced my share of indecency.

How about you try having a rational conversation instead of suggesting that people that don't live exactly like you might be less capable of making sound decisions. You sound highly intolorant in your replys on this matter... speaks volumes.

I'll ask you a similar question... of all the places that people carry guns, which is almost everywhere nowadays, are these crazy people regularly pulling their guns on you? What is your big hang up with law abiding people carrying guns?

In the words of the great Sgt. Hulka...

Sgt. Hulka: One of these people may save your life one day!
    John Winger: Then again... maybe we wont.
    Last edited by Hangar10; 03-19-2012 at 12:21 PM.