Thread: Moving to Cecil Co. MD

Moving to Cecil Co. MD

I will be moving to Maryland in a few weeks and was looking to see if there is any ultralight activity in the northeast part of the state or in Delaware. I have a few hours of Sport Pilot training but would like to learn more about ultralights as a way to enjoy flying.
    Joe Mikus, MSgt USAF (ret) Avionics Tech
    Perryville, MD
    Student Sport Pilot

Hope this is what you are looking for

http://www.mdsfclub20.com/

Keith

Hey! Thanks for the "plug", Keith. Where in Central PA are you located?
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375
    65LA out of 07N Pennsylvania

Jerry
    I'm near Carlisle. Used to hang out at Bermudian a little. Know Barry and Mary Ellen, Charlie Tipton. Tom Harry

It's has been a while since I have gotten down there.

Have been to the fathers day fly in at Shreveport a few times and always enjoy looking at the aircraft.

Keith

Wow! Small world. If you get to Father's Day again this year, look me up. We'd even have a membership slot on the Mason-Dixon sport flyers open for you... I share a hangar with Charlie.
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375

There used to be some ultralight operations over at Harford County, but I've not been around there in a long time.

Joe,
    I am president of EAA 1536, newly formed chapter, in Middletown De., less than a half mile from Cecil County Md. I would like to invite you to a meeting and have you join our chapter. There are a lot opportunities in the area for ultralight activities and would like to bring that aspect of flying to EAA 1536. We have some LSA pilots but no ultralights at this time. If you are interested my contact information is here, http://www.1536.eaachapter.org/ I can help you get established and get some flying in as well.
    Tom Finch

Tom,

Thanks for the invite. We are still getting settled in and will look you up soon.

Thanks,
    Joe Mikus, MSgt USAF (ret) Avionics Tech
    Perryville, MD
    Student Sport Pilot

Hey, Joe. You are also invited to the 23d Annual Father's Day Fly In at Shreveport North (Wellsville, PA) where you can get to meet a lot of Ultralight guys. Folks start arriving on Thursday 14 June but the big day is, of course, Saturday, 16 June from dawn to dusk. Lots of good food available at the on site restaurant (the Florida Keys) or at the Crosswinds Cafe on the flight line. We average around 75 to 100 airplanes on the ground at any one time with a lot of arrivals and departures not on the ground when we make the count. Folks come in from as far north as Maine and as far south as South Carolina. Even had a couple from Alaska last year, but we can't really claim to have attracted them from that far away as they just happened to be flying over, saw all the activity, and decided to drop in. Would be happy to see you and look me up if you happen to make it up to see us.
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375