Hi Robert, and welcome.

Our engine is mounted up but not running. This is a part of the project I want to share with more qualified people as it will free up more of my time to handle the bottleneck design details. It can get underway any time.

Flying wings with double box tail controls are definitely a hot combo and I agree with your assessment.

As to flight test data, we will probably be buried in it. Since the use of power to reduce drag invalidates a large number of time-honored principles and equations, it will be necessary to present a large portion of the data in raw form, or we risk being attacked for the incompatible conclusions that open thermodynamics can expose. To use just one example, one of the reasons that it is popular to use 'equivalent flat plate drag area' is that normally it allow an apples to apples comparison between designs of differing speed ranges. Within a powered drag reduction system, this will become a useless and misleading term, as the value obtained will vary depending on the speed, dropping as you go faster.