Thread: Schematic Abbreviation Meaning

Schematic Abbreviation Meaning

I have a schematic that shows "CL T- " whose meaning escapes me. It seems to refer to come common point that is not further identified.

Can you help?

Can you give us a scan or screenshot of it? It would be a lot easier to decipher working off that over a written description

"CL" generally refers to "center line". Without seeing the drawing I can't say for sure, but it might mean "center line of the tube". Would that fit what you're looking at? If you can scan the drawing and post it I'm sure we can figure it out.
    Cheers!

Joe

I can't post the schematic...just one page (of four) is over 4mb and this site limits size and won't take it...will try to cut out a section and see if I can get it put up.
    Wilfred

No matter how small I make a section of the schematic this site always says its too big and rejects it.

The best I can figure is that the abbreviation "CLT-" means Common, Light, Negative. The phrase always appears at the negative end of an LED in a switch and I think that's the best I can figure out. I can't recall where I got the schematic, its for a Van's RV-12 electronics wiring diagram...wasn't from Vans, but from someone who just figured out what was being supplied. I'm going to stop fretting about it!!!!

Google for a program called " IrfanView" & download it for free. It allows you to resize any photo file to reduce the number of bits - at the expense of detail as you might expect. Look under IMAGE/Resize/Resample after opening your picture with IrfanView. FILE/Save under a new name & try post that picture.

It is surprising how much detail there can still be in a picture with a truncated file size.

There are other schemes that may be even more direct.