Thread: Chapter Property Accounting System

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Chapter Property Accounting System

Our chapter does not have a hanger or even a regular meeting place. We need a good way to maintain accountability for our chapter's property. Over time, things just seem to drift off or get lost in the change of officers and meeting locations. We could use a "how to " from some of you who have a successful/low maintenance system.

We (Chapter 88, Wichita, KS) are in the same situation - no single airport/hangar or own meeting place. We have a Property Officer that handles all of the property. We keep most of it in a trailer (we have tables and chairs for 125 people, too). We also keep a list of the property and who has it. We will soon try to put this information online so members can see it without a lot of calling to find out who has what.

Thanks for the feed back, Ron. It kind of looks like your chapter and mine (Twin Lakes Chapter 775, Mtn. Home, AR) are the only ones having to deal with this issue. Good ideas, however, and I'll see what our board can do with building on them. How are you going to approach putting the inventory on-line and how will you manage keeping it current without creating a monster for you web master?

The "work" is actually done by our Property Officer (or Chair, I am not sure of the exact title). An Excel spreadsheet is kept by that person for check-out and check-in. The web master doesn't have to do anything after the original file is set up - changes to the original/master file are automatically updated on the web. We use the same process for our membership database. Please email me personally at fly-in-home@att.net for as much further discussion as you would like.

I am also guessing that we are not the only Chapters like this. I would bet that there are many out there like us that either don't think that they have enough stuff to track or they're not reading this forum. Thanks, Ron