View Poll Results: How often do you visit EAA.org?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Every day.

15 31.91%
  • 2 - 3 times a week.

17 36.17%
  • Once a month.

11 23.40%
  • Never - I get my EAA news here on the forums or elsewhere.

4 8.51%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Input needed! We're overhauling our website(s) and need your help!

Quote Originally Posted by dewi8095 View Post
    It is not easy to find the pre-2010 issues and unless I go frequently I need to do some searching to find the appropriate links. Direct access to the archival issues would be nice.

Don
    I'll second that, I go to search and it gets painfully slow too, and that is after finding it!

Jim
    Jim Hann
    EAA 276294 Lifetime
    Vintage 722607
    1957 Piper PA-22/20 "Super Pacer"
    Chapter 32 member www.eaa32.org
    www.mykitlog.com/LinerDrivr
    Fly Baby/Hevle Classic Tandem

I haven't been to the main EAA website in a long time, I check this blog daily and post on some topics of interest, I also enjoy browsing the "Red Barn" blog. I get AOPA"s twice daily brief, but don't always read it, that is just information overload and too much of it isn't relative to my flying. I use the Sport Aviation on-line library once in-awhile I'm not too troubled by it's "speed" since it's not something I do very often, but I do like the fact that I can find information without have to store hard copy SA's. I keep last year's hard copy and every January I rotate the two year old file to the trash, trying to keep the paper accumulation down.

Joe

Instead of the trash, how about your doctor's/dentist's office, etc. An inexpensive way to advertise flying.....
    Cheers,
    Jerry

NC22375
    65LA out of 07N Pennsylvania

keep last year's hard copy and every January I rotate the two year old file to the trash, trying to keep the paper accumulation down.
    Joe, I would be happy to give any back issue you have a good home.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

What do you like about EAA.org and why?
    It's a good resource for all things general aviation. I really like the calendar of events feature. I also like that it's kept relatively simple; no waiting on fancy animations or other pointless eye-candy that clutters so many other sites.

What would you change about EAA.org and why?
    I'd suggest moving the "Contact Us" link from the footer to the main menu somewhere, maybe under "Member Services". I remember looking all over for contact info once until I found the tiny link in the page footer.

I'd also like to see a way for an event submitter to be able to update or remove an item on the calendar of events. I know we can e-mail EAA and you'll take care of it but it would be easier and less bothersome for all if the submitter could make changes directly. Especially handy if we want to get an event on the calendar early and then update it as details are finalized.

My final suggestion is to improve the EAA AutoPilot with clearer instructions and so we can see some type of credit card status, such as expiration date. Right now, I don't know of a way to check that. If I go to membership renewal, I get the message "If you need to update your on-file credit card number – click here". That links to the AutoPilot page that says "Yes, enroll me in EAA AutoPilot" and gives a place for entering credit card info. It's not clear whether you are signing up for something new, fearing that you could be billed twice, or if you're actually updating an existing registration and overwriting the existing card with a new one. I'd expect that page to know I'm already enrolled and would say something like "Update your credit card info below", rather than "Enroll me in..." When you check out on Amazon, for instance, it makes it very clear what card is on file and whether it's expired or not. Something similar would be helpful.
    Kevin Stahl
    Webmaster - EAA Chapter 2
    www.eaa2.org

I visit this site everyday and enjoy every minute! Great place to find out what's goin on.What would I change ? Maybe we could add a section for aviation artists and their work.This would not be to sell but just to display their efforts.I know many artist friends who would be interested.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnReid View Post
    I visit this site everyday and enjoy every minute! Great place to find out what's goin on.What would I change ? Maybe we could add a section for aviation artists and their work.This would not be to sell but just to display their efforts.I know many artist friends who would be interested.
    Just to be clear, John, in this case we're talking very specifically about EAA's main website at www.eaa.org. All feedback is welcome of course, but I wanted to clarify the help we're looking for in this particular thread.

Thanks!

Hal
    Last edited by Hal Bryan; 03-09-2012 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Updated to account for split thread

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    FYI - I moved two posts to a new thread to talk about EAA's direction and $200,000 homebuilts and all that. This one is about us asking you to help us improve our website. The comments and responses to the poll have been great so far - we need your help, so please keep 'em coming!

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Please moderate my "never" vote to "just so I can get to Members only content". Therefore, I use EAA.org daily. IMHO, there is going to be a Shotgun Wedding anyway, so it only requires a smattering of EAA type content to be added to what the aopa is already doing to cover everything the EAA.org site does anyway. I recommend that reorganization of web activities be concentrated on the Oshkosh site and strengthen the areas of interest to the typical EAA member rather than adding more redundancy.