Thread: Only a Test Pilot Named Tex Could Get Away With This!

Banned

Only a Test Pilot Named Tex Could Get Away With This!

I either never knew this or I've forgotten...for the time(for any time) this was incredible and ballsy. Sold a lot of airplanes though.

http://youtu.be/AaA7kPfC5Hk

Surprised to hear the voice of the old Smuckers commercials narrating that clip!

I met Tex twice, long after his retirement and not too long before he died. The first time, he spoke at our EAA Chapter and I had him sign a copy of his book. A year later, we happened to get on an elevator at the same time, and he remembered me. A fine pilot, and a real gentleman.

Ron Wanttaja

Smucker's?!? Maybe. You don't remember America's Top 40? Either that or someone doing a very good impression of Casey Kasem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhemxpc View Post
    Smucker's?!? Maybe. You don't remember America's Top 40? Either that or someone doing a very good impression of Casey Kasem.
    No, it was actor Mason Adams. The voice is very distinctive, he was on a lot of TV shows in the 80s and 90s. He played the Senator on NASA's side during the congressional hearings in the "Apollo One" episode of "From the Earth to the Moon."

Ron Wanttaja

Most popular was his portrayal of the editor Charlie Hume on Lou Grant. He passed in 2005.

You know, when I wrote that down I figured I was going to wind up being wrong, but DANG! they sound alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhemxpc View Post
    You know, when I wrote that down I figured I was going to wind up being wrong, but DANG! they sound alike.
    And now, on with the countdown.... :-)

Ron Wanttaja