Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cessnas 2 Oshkosh 2012

Cessnas 2 Oshkosh 2012

Hey Guys,

Cessnas 2 Oshkosh cordially invites you to join the 2012 mass arrival into Oshkosh. Those of you who have already done it know this, but to those of you who have never done it, I will only say that it will be an unforgettable experience for you and your relatives and friends who fly and camp with you. It will also be the safest way to get into Oshkosh during the week of EAA AirVenture - Oshkosh.

Our 2012 registration drive is now open. We had a great day number one. Twenty (20) pilots signed up to fly our arrival, many of them, members of this forum.

The FAA has already contacted us (Wow!) to iron out the details of our arrival. No changes there. On July 21 at 14:30 CDT Cessna Lead will be touching down on the purple dot of Rwy 36L at Wittman Regional Airport - Oshkosh, followed in formation by as many planes as we can launch from Dodge County Airport in Juneau.

EAA's President, Mr. Rod Hightower, appointed Mr. John Carrier as the North 40 Liason to overlook the activities in the North 40 camping grounds. His first meeting with representatives from all the mass arrival groups was very productive. His appointment received high praises from all. The mass arrival groups now have an advocate to insure that our experience in the North 40 is the best.

If you would like to know more about us, please visit our website: www.cessnas2oshkosh.com.

If you already made your decision and want to go ahead and sign up, fill out our registration form: www.cessnas2oshkosh.com/registration

I also would like to let you all know that the first 2012 issue of The Pirep,

Cessnas 2 Oshkosh email newsletter, was sent to all our subscribers.

If you are not a subscriber, you may subscribe by following this link: www.cessnas2oshkosh.com/subscribe.htm.

You may also read the online version by following this link: www.cessnas2oshkosh.com/newsletter.

Again, if you would like to experience the thrill of formation flight, the camaraderie of fellow pilots, relatives and friends and in the process enhance and hone your flying skills, come join us, you are all welcome to our group.

Fly safe,
    Last edited by TeenDoc; 02-25-2012 at 10:23 AM. Reason: adding signature

Gil, I don't expect to be flying a Cessna into EAA, but if any of your members are in Colorado, near Boulder or Aspen and want to do any formation practice I'd be glad to help. I've done some with EAA, the T-34 group and CAF.
    If so, let me know on this forum and good luck to you folks. Hope you don't meet the parking grinch that some others seem to have encountered.

Bill,

Thank you for your offer to help. I really appreciate it. Our man in Colorado is Steve Wolf. He's based in Fort Collins and runs a formation training clinic for our pilots there in June. We haven't yet set a date for 2012. I'll post information here and follow this forum to stay in touch. Please feel free to email me. I'll respond with my cell phone for future use.

Regarding ground operations and parking in the North 40, the news from Mr. John Carrier, the new EAA VP appointed by Mr. Rod Hightower to oversee operations in the North 40 and relations with mass arrival groups, are fantastic. If he can accomplish half the plan he has disclosed to us, we (and you warbird guys) will be in heaven.

Hey, I know this may sound cliché, but keep doing what you guys at CAF, T-34 Association and warbirds community in general are doing. We look at you guys with admiration and gratitude.

Regards,

Thanks, I get a lot of maintenance done at Ft. Collins, the actual Ft. Collins, not Loveland which calls itself Ft. Collins also.There used to be a man named Steve Wolf, that flew an acro act, that is not the same person is it?

The T-34 is a fun little plane, acro capable, handles nice and very easy to fly, nothing that I have flown is that easy to land. Unfortunately I sold mine a few years back to get a little less cash drain from my accounts. I did a good bit of formation practice with the 34 group and it was informative and often a lot of fun, just was talking to Bill Cherwin, the leader at Chino last week. Some of the guys are the grim and serious type, but there are a few like Julie Clark that keep things light and fun.

I don't think our Steve Wolf is the Steve Wolf that you are referring to. Ours flies a Skylane, based at Fort Collins-Loveland (KFNL).

Cessnas 2 Oshkosh 2012 Newsletter

Hey Guys,

The second issue of 2012 of The Pirep,

Name:  NP_109.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  18.8 KB

Cessnas 2 Oshkosh email newsletter, has been sent to our subscriber list this morning.

If you are not a subscriber, you may subscribe by following this link:

www.cessnas2oshkosh.com/subscribe.htm.

You may also read the online version by following this link:

http://www.cessnas2oshkosh.com/newsletter/pirep.aspx.

Thanks to all for your support.
    Last edited by TeenDoc; 03-22-2012 at 08:18 AM.

Hey Guys,

I would like to remind everyone that Cessnas 2 Oshkosh is holding three clinics this weekend.

The Alabama Clinic will be held on Saturday, April 21, 9:00 AM CDT at Headland Municipal Airport in Headland, Alabama. The host and lead pilot of this clinic is our Director of Training and Operations, Rodney Swanson. Follow the links in this message for more details.

The Texas Clinic will be held on Saturday, April 21, 10:00 AM CDT at Gillespie County Airport in Fredericksburg, Texas, the airport of the Hangar Hotel. The host and lead pilot of this clinic is Steve Holmes. Follow the links in this message for more details.

The California Clinic will be held on Sunday, April 22, 9:00 AM PDT at General Wm J Fox Airfield in Lancaster, California. The host of this clinic is Dan Barley and the lead pilot is Mike Jesch. Follow the links in this message for more details.

Let us wish Rodney, Steve, Mike, Dan and all the pilots participating in these clinics a successful training session and lots of fun.

To register in any of our clinics, follow this link. You must have previously registered to fly the Cessnas 2 Oshkosh Mass Arrival in order to register in one of our clinics.

If you have not registered to fly the mass arrival yet, you may do so by following this link. At the same time you may sign up to participate in any of our clinics.

Fly safe,
    Last edited by TeenDoc; 04-17-2012 at 09:23 AM. Reason: To add time of the clinics and clarify process

Dear Cessnas 2 Oshkosh Pilots and Friends,

We would like to inform all our pilots, especially those in the Southeast Region, that due to a forecast of serious adverse weather for the southern Alabama area, we must cancel the Alabama Clinic scheduled for Saturday April 21st at 9:00 AM.

The adverse weather forecast includes a tropical Wave/trough/cyclonic curvature with potential for severe thunderstorms and low ceilings. The system is extensive and is moving southeastward. At least two pilots scheduled to participate in this clinic will be flying from Central Florida and the system will cover almost their entire route of flight.

The clinic will be re-scheduled for mid-June. The definitive date will be announced within the next ten days and the date will depend on the availability of the lead pilot of the clinic, our Director of Training and Operations, Rodney Sawanson.

We are sorry for the inconvenience that this change may cause. Safety always comes first in planning our events. That is our pledge and responsibility to our pilots.

Fly safe,

Hey Guys,

Cessnas 2 Oshkosh held two clinics this weekend, the Texas Clinic at Gillespie County Airport in Fredericksburg on Saturday and the California Clinic at General Wm J Fox Airfield in Lancaster on Sunday. The Alabama Clinic at Headland Municipal Airport in Headland was cancelled due to adverse weather and will be rescheduled for Mid-June. A definitive date will follow soon.

Steve Holmes was the lead pilot of the Texas Clinic. Nine (9) pilots in seven (7) aircraft participated and all nine (9) met the training requirement to fly the mass arrival on July 21st by completing the training program.

Dan Barley was the host pilot and Mike Jesch was the lead pilot of the California Clinic. Six (6) pilots in an equal number of aircraft participated. Five (5) pilots met the training requirement to fly the mass arrival on July 21 by completing the training program. One (1) pilot participated as an observer.

Our appreciation goes to Dan, Mike and Steve for their hard work organizing and conducting these clinics. We congratulate all the participating pilots, especially those who completed their training and are planning to fly the Cessnas 2 Oshkosh Mass Arrival on July 21st. You are all one step closer.

To all of you out there, I'd like to remind you that Cessnas 2 Oshkosh has four (4) clinics scheduled in May and six (6) clinics scheduled in June. Details about these clinics will follow in future announcements. You may get the most up to date information about any of our clinics by visiting our website at: www.cessnas2oshkosh.com/clinics

Fly safe,

Update on Cessnas 2 Oshkosh Clinics: Michigan

Hey Guys,

I would like to remind everyone that Cessnas 2 Oshkosh is holding the Michigan Clinic this coming Saturday, May 5 at St. Clair County International Airport in Port Huron. Phil Gilbert is the lead pilot of this clinic.

Follow the links in this message for more details.

Let us all hope for good weather and wish Phil and all the pilots participating in the Michigan Clinic a successful training session and lots of fun.

To register in any of our clinics, follow this link. You must have previously registered to fly the Cessnas 2 Oshkosh Mass Arrival in order to register in any of our clinics.

If you have not registered to fly the mass arrival yet, you may do so by following this link. At the same time you may sign up to participate in any of our clinics.

Fly safe,