I am rebuilding a Kitfox II which was badly damaged in an accident. The remains had no fuel lines installed anywhere, except for a short piece from the wing tank. I assume it may have been connected to aluminum fuel line, but there is no evidence to support that assumption. I have installed a new header tank, located behind the seat. I will be installing a Facet pump between the header tank and the gascolator, or perhaps between the gascolator and the pulse pump, which is located on the firewall. I am trying to decide if there is any problem with use of flexible fuel line such as the Bing blue line between the wing tank and the header tank, and between the header tank and the firewall, as well as in the engine compartment. The line has a temperature rating of 250 deg F, and a pressure rating of 80 lbs/sq in. The pressure rating is fine for this installation, as the maximum pressure is on the order of 2-3 lbs/sq in. I know certified aircraft use solid fuel line prior to the firewall, but given a number of considerations, I would prefer using the flexible line. If need be, I can protect the line from getting pinched prior to the firewall by careful routing, or by using a short section of solid line in areas where this might be a significant risk.

I am looking for ideas and opinions before I make a decision. Thanks in advance.