Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: f-16 fog

If I'm sitting on a rocket-equipped seat in an aircraft I don't have to pay for and I get smoke/fumes in the cockpit, I'm going to be exiting the aircraft expeditiously. I mean....that would at least have been kind of cool to see and worth all the noise of having the kerosene club around.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

Name:  Copy of F16 Crash 7-28-2011 002.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  95.9 KBI was at the end of the runway when this happened and I have a series of photos of the incident. This photo is a cropped down shot of the cockpit when the plane was less then 100 yards from the end of the runway. Could the fog have cleared by this point? Also in the report if the photos z12 and z13 were taken from the same camera than z12 was taken after z13. Link to photo series http://www.wpix.com/news/nationworld...6-incident-013
    Last edited by bjldiver; 02-28-2012 at 08:58 AM. Reason: adding link to photos

I think people may have been so skeptical about the accident report because initial brief news reports we heard focused only on one thing -- "it was fog in the cockpit". Too simple a statement to be believed without evidence, and also missing some contributory factors.