Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blue!

It caught me off guard at first. But like anything else, we will adjust!

Well, this is an election year?

I like the blue! I have been on Tapatalk while on the road this week and just saw the blue.

Hal, have you abandoned the Golden Gophers?
    And just when I was beginning to think that the brown wasn't so bad since it had Cub yellow with it.
    The blue looks like a cool, calming color at a four star resort near the beach.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Anything to keep you guessing, Bill!

And now to figure out if the shores of Lake Winnebago count as a "beach"...

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

I much prefer the yellow. If we can choose between blue and grey why can we not choose between blue, grey, or yellow?

Don

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Hi Don -

The yellow that you saw here and elsewhere (the e-Hotline newsletter, a lot of print ads, signage during Oshkosh, etc.) was slated to be the new "official" color for EAA. As it turns out, this wasn't a popular choice, and there's been a course correction, to put it politely.

The fact that there was such a strong negative response to the yellow (here and elsewhere) was why I offered the default vBulletin skin as an alternative - the choice being between "EAA colors" and basic default colors. Now that the decision has been made to change the colors, it just didn't make sense to continue to offer and maintain a third color scheme that was neither "EAA colors" or the more generic default.

I'm sorry if this isn't the most satisfactory answer but I hope it helps clear things up.

Hal

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Well, some may disagree with me, but after a few days of this shade of blue, my feeling is the brown & yellow was a more "manly" or "outdoorsy" color, while this pastel blue is, well, not so much.

There are some misguided people who think there are other things in the world more important: like if Israel should make a preemptive strike against Iran nuclear plants, or global warming, or is fracking safe, or is the economy actually turning up, or should medical insurance pay for men's drugs, but not women's? Maybe even if the Colts should pay Peyton Manning $26million?

But those of us on this site know that the real vital issue is the color of a forum on gen aviation.And by the way, when they all wear navy blue suits with neat red ties; which candidate is really the red,white, and blue one?

And Hal, since we had the long weekend and today, Tue is really the start of the week, I could and should sit here and take care of the bills and paperwork that has accumulated.
    Or, I could have fun using the time to think up smart ass remarks about the colors.

Expect further postings on this topic.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 02-21-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    Hi Don -

The yellow that you saw here and elsewhere (the e-Hotline newsletter, a lot of print ads, signage during Oshkosh, etc.) was slated to be the new "official" color for EAA. As it turns out, this wasn't a popular choice, and there's been a course correction, to put it politely.
    Thanks, Hal; although I liked the yellow, it's nice to know this color change is part of the course correction and not just pulled out of someone's shorts just for the sake of change. Sorry, I don't recall, but was this mentioned in the first msg in the thread? (too lazy to exit the reply window to go check). As in, hint, that might have saved us from a bunch of snarky comments (mine included), but they were fun to read anyway!

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton