Thread: Anyone have a good electronic logbook template?

Anyone have a good electronic logbook template?

I am interested in finding a good Excel spreadsheet template to keep my logbook hours.
    I have the good ole paper book, of course, just want to have a backup on my computer.

I do have an iPad and iPod, but am not interested in paying the price for some of the logbook applications.
    I just want something super, super simple.

I suppose I could try to work up my own format in Excel, but if there is a template download floating around somewhere that can be shared, let me know.

What are you guys using?

Not an Excel spreadsheet, but there is a shareware program, called LogQuik, that's pretty neat. It's available for download at NavCalc.com (Though i just tried going there, and the site seems to be down at the moment. I was there a couple weeks ago and it worked. So I don't know what's up now.) You could also do a web search for it. I found it at this site: http://www.superdownloads.com.br/dow...ookup-logquik/ But that's a foreign language site. So I'm not sure if the program itself is a foriegn language version or not.

By the way... NavCalc is a pretty neat, and easy to use, flight planning program. I've been using it for over 10 years. The airport data base, on the download version, is a bit out of date. But it is user customizable. So updating it is not a problem. And you can even add new way-points to the data base, if you want to.
    Last edited by MADean; 02-17-2012 at 06:44 AM.

Excel Logbook template

Years ago I found one at www.cheappilot.com, and have generally been happy with it. Before I replied to your request I went to the domain and found it was for sale. If you cannot find it there, I can e-mail the templates to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goggles View Post
    I am interested in finding a good Excel spreadsheet template to keep my logbook hours.
    I have the good ole paper book, of course, just want to have a backup on my computer.

I do have an iPad and iPod, but am not interested in paying the price for some of the logbook applications.
    I just want something super, super simple.

I suppose I could try to work up my own format in Excel, but if there is a template download floating around somewhere that can be shared, let me know.

What are you guys using?

Excel log book

Pilot Log.zipPilot Log.zipI have attached a copy of a pilot log book which I made years ago, it is an excel file.

Quote Originally Posted by TEVH View Post
    Pilot Log.zipPilot Log.zipI have attached a copy of a pilot log book which I made years ago, it is an excel file.
    Oh wow, that is fantastic! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rickey View Post
    Years ago I found one at www.cheappilot.com, and have generally been happy with it. Before I replied to your request I went to the domain and found it was for sale. If you cannot find it there, I can e-mail the templates to you.
    If it's not too much work, and you want to send some files my way, use greengoggles@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goggles View Post
    If it's not too much work, and you want to send some files my way, use greengoggles@gmail.com

Came across this thread while looking for other pilot logbook options myself.

If anyone is still looking, you can download a free one here Excel Pilot Logbook | Electronic Backup Pilot Logbook.

I use the free version of Zulu log, which meets all of my needs. That it is cloud connected so I can make entries (or look things up) on my desk-top, iPhone, or iPad is convenient.
    https://www.zululog.com
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

I don't remember where I got it but I have been using something called pilot flight log. It is too big to upload, but if you search for pilotflightlog.zip you will probably find it online.