Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finding the Money

I am from Oshkosh, WI currently living in Madison, WI.
    Come along to Chapter 252 (Oshkosh) meetings next time you're home

I'm not sure if it will do your financial worries much good (although we did have a scholarship last year - I will ask if this is an ongoing scholarship) but you will meet plenty of friendly pilots & non-pilots alike. And you never know if something good may come out of it.

http://www.252.eaachapter.org/events.htm

I think I'll be able to attend the April 7th Fly-in. I have also attended WAI meetings as well in Oshkosh. Thank you so much!

Good luck Sarah. Don't give up!

Hi Sarah, One place a lot of people fail to think about...Civil Air Patrol. I'm not sure what your interests are, besides flying. If you like the idea of a military structure and working with teenagers, they're always looking for volunteers. It doesn't take any military background and there's a lot of "free" flying to be had. By "free" I mean you'll pay your annual dues and the rest of it is donating your time. You'll also learn a lot more than just flying. Many of the pilots there are volunteers because it offers them inexpensive flying (relatively speaking). Instuctors are often willing to teach without being paid for it. Just about every municipality has a local squadron with meetings usually once a week. CAP is federally funded so most of the expense is paid for with tax dollars. I hope this helps. As an instructor myself, I'm always anxious to see someone else join the ranks of aviation.