Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for any and all information for a JN-4D Jenny restoration

Flying Jenny at CAll airfiled museum

There is an original flying Jenny with an OX5 at Call Air Field Museum in Wichita FAlls Tx , Its at Kickapoo air port south of Witicha FAlls. They fly it once each month weather permitting. I've watched it on ocassion because my son flys it. They send out a newsletter usually when its going to fly. DRR

High quality images of Brian Karli's project can be seen here: http://aerographs.photoshelter.com/g...0007rIAZYfuNHk

There will be more as the build is completed...

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by DennisRRhodes View Post
    There is an original flying Jenny with an OX5 at Call Air Field Museum in Wichita FAlls Tx , Its at Kickapoo air port south of Witicha FAlls. They fly it once each month weather permitting. I've watched it on ocassion because my son flys it. They send out a newsletter usually when its going to fly. DRR
    Yep, I am familiar with this airplane. We've been getting in touch with some people down there, and hope to see it flying in person soon.

My understanding is the plane flies the first Saturday of each month, weather permitting. If we don't see it in March, we'll get to it in April!

A source that would be very good is the Glenn Curtiss Museum in Hammondsport, NY. They have rebuilt/restored a number of early Curtiss aircraft, and they have a large restoration shop. The museum director, Trafford Doherty is extremely helpful with this kind of project. They would also have access to a lot of early material such as plans, etc.

Where I rent space in florida, Roy has parts, includingtwo cranks, and can assemble the OX5 engines. My axle threads were cut on his 110 year old machine.He also has a travelair restoration. The fuselage looks very good if some one wants to make an offer.
    Joe Goldman

You might want to contact the Glenn Curtiss Museum in Hammondsport, NY. They have recreated many of the early Curtiss aircraft, have an extensive restoration shop, and are most interested and helpful if anyone is trying to restore or recreate a Curtiss aircraft. The director's name is Trafford Doherty, and he is a great guy to talk to. Here is the contact info: http://www.glennhcurtissmuseum.org/; Tel 607-569-2160.

Let me know if you need any help with the museum.