Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Microsoft Flight - free download starting Feb 29

Quote Originally Posted by rawheels View Post
    every flight started with trying to split the uprights on the Sears tower!
    or maybe the Hancock building?
    Last edited by rawheels; 02-13-2012 at 04:02 PM.

I am involved with FSX and their communities, and the third-party developers like A2A, Orbx, PMDG, all the big names who produce the finest stuff, say FSX development will continue for AT LEAST 5 years, and probably more. Flight will not destroy FSX, nor will it be a replacement. With Microsoft controlling add-ons for this software, it will never be as realistic as FSX is. Flight is, as the name implies, no longer a simulator but a game, and is not a replacement for FSX by any means. I have seen the level of quality of add-ons rise for FSX from 2006 to present, and over nearly six years of development for this platform, more has been discovered and developed. All MSFS products were released in two-year intervals, with that much time devoted to third-party products. However with nearly six years, the amount of in-depth production has reached a level that will make FSX valid for years to come. The actual hardware has matured to the point that we can now run FSX properly, and the future will bring only bluer skies.

I am optimistic for the future of combat sims, like Rise of Flight, but for flight simulators (FSX, X-Plane), teh future is both promising and little. There will be a huge future for FSX products, but flight simulators for PC will be produced as all-new software very mildly, and X-Plane is NOT an FSX replacement.

Thats my two cents...
    -Peter J. Carlson
    © 2011 Peter J. Carlson, All Rights Reserved
    "The air up there in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious. And why shouldn't it be? - it is the same the angels breathe." ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by rawheels View Post
    or maybe the Hancock building?
    It was the John Hancock Center.
    Anxiety is nature's way of telling you that you've already goofed up.