Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's on your Oshkosh bucket list?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dembroski View Post
    I've heard tales of people giving flights around the grounds in (on?) their Breezys - sounds like it would be a blast. That's just the tip of the iceberg - I don't think any one person could ever do everything there is to do.
    Ironically, my next bucket item is to finish my Breezy project, take it to Oshkosh and give rides. It would be an honor to follow in the footsteps of Carl who started it all and Arnie who has carried on the tradition for years. @Ryan- the Milwaukee chapter meets on the 4th Tuesdays at MWC. Contact me if your interested.
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"

Just to go during Airventure!! Been an EAA member for 41 years, been to the museum and Pioneer Airport twice in June, but never been there for a convention. Now that I'm building a Sonex, need to visit their facility as well.

I have camped in a tent, van, motor home, and stayed at UW Osh, and at the University in FDL, plusthe Comm Center bunk room. That one took the most Volunteer time.I have had my picture taken in: U-2, NASA scissor-wing, F-15, A-380, all of the Pitts at the Tribute toCurtiss display (one of them was my S1S).The secret to all of this is VOLUNTEER. That opens doors that you would not believe.I spent a lot of years working (it didn't seem like work) in the Comm Center. I met a lot of peoplethat are still friends.Giving your time is appreciated as much as giving money to EAA. Perhaps more.Disclaimer:I am not, nor have I ever been an employee of EAA or IAC. I have just been fortunate enough tohave time available to help an organization I deeply believe in.Jim KlickS1S N9JTEAA 106287IAC 6870AOPA 682160

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Point View Post
    Ironically, my next bucket item is to finish my Breezy project, take it to Oshkosh and give rides. It would be an honor to follow in the footsteps of Carl who started it all and Arnie who has carried on the tradition for years. @Ryan- the Milwaukee chapter meets on the 4th Tuesdays at MWC. Contact me if your interested.
    Thanks Jeff - I'd love the details. I'll shoot you a message.

Every year I plan to go to the seaplane base, but never have. It is on the list again for this year. I'd also like to catch any "warbirds in review" type presentations that may occur with post-Korean War pilots.

Other than that, here are some other things that would be neat to see at AirVenture sometime:
    - I would like to see carrier landings demonstrated.
    - I would like to look inside an AWAC or Hurricane Hunter aircraft that had units simulating what they actually see on the screens when they are in the middle of action.
    - Fantasy of Flight has (or had) a group of full motion Corsair simulators all linked up together. It would be neat to see a whole row of these things lined up with daily tournaments or something. At a minimum, maybe the new Microsoft Flight group will set some kind of competition up.
    - I would like to see a Concorde arrival in person. (We ARE dreaming here, right?)

Quote Originally Posted by rawheels View Post
    - I would like to see a Concorde arrival in person. (We ARE dreaming here, right?)
    Since we're dreaming, I'd like to see the last flying Vulcan bomber come to Oshkosh.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MEdwards View Post
    Since we're dreaming, I'd like to see the last flying Vulcan bomber come to Oshkosh.
    I'll second that! I'd love to see a Vulcan fly once more...!

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

I don't have a Breezy, but you don't usually have to twist my arm too hard to get a ride in the Navion during Airventure. Once I go to the effort of pushing it out of the campsite and getting it walked out to the runway, I usually end up doing multiple trips...

Some day I'd like to fly in the airshow or showcase proper...

Banned
    [QUOTE=rawheels;11199]Every year I plan to go to the seaplane base, but never have. QUOTE]

It's well worth it to take the 10 minutes to bus there. It offers a great diversion from the big crowds, it's tranquill and there's lots of activity on the water. Seaplanes rule!!!

Hunter Valley in New South Wales Australia
    I was glad i made the effort to go to the seaplane base last year, great reprieve from the heat and crowd. Fast! bus ride out there.