Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's on your Oshkosh bucket list?

Breezy Ride

I've heard tales of people giving flights around the grounds in (on?) their Breezys - sounds like it would be a blast. That's just the tip of the iceberg - I don't think any one person could ever do everything there is to do.

Ride in a P-51 Mustang and a Boeing Sterman and watch the Friday show from the roof of the FAA hangar and eat lunch with Audrey Poberezny !!!

Track down Harrison Ford and get him to endorse my logbook for flights in the Millenium Falcon.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

I'd love to take a flight over the grounds in Aluminum Overcast, or perhaps one day lift off from Wittman for a ride into space aboard SpaceShipTwo or one of its compatriots.

Win that darn airplane! That cub would be nice

I'd love to see Jimmy Buffett perform in Aeroshell Square (and no...I will never call it Conoco-Phillips Plaza or whatever it is now) on the opening night. Who's with me?
    Dave Sterling
    1957 PA22-150/160
    N6929D
    Website

Quote Originally Posted by Treetop_Flyer View Post
    I'd love to see Jimmy Buffett perform in Aeroshell Square (and no...I will never call it Conoco-Phillips Plaza or whatever it is now) on the opening night. Who's with me?
    I'm with you, but a comment from EAA staff last year said unfortunately Jimmy Buffett is way, way, way too expensive, and thus they get entertaining but second tier acts. Personally, I don't see the problem, since I don't go to Oshkosh to attend a rock concert, but yes, Jimmy Buffett would be fun. Maybe the newly reconfigured EAA staff has another take on this?

In a house with my laptop.....somewhere in Collierville, TN
    Fly my Cub to Oshkosh for the 75th...
    Jim Rice
    Wolf River Airport (54M)
    Collierville, TN

N4WJ 1994 Van's RV-4 (Flying)
    N3368K 1946 Globe GC-1B Swift (Flying)--For Sale
    N7155H 1946 Piper J-3C Cub (Flying)

Fly my own homebuilt airplane into OSH and camp under the wing is bucket item #1.

This year, I want to walk down every row from homebuilt parking to vintage. I haven't gotten to do that yet!

My son and I have been camping together for a number of years in Scholler. Now that he's 12, I think he'll tolerate going to some of the workshops and actually learning something! KidVenture lost its luster for him last year, I think. Time to get him into the big-boy adventures!
    Christopher Owens (EAA #808438, VAA #723276)
    Germantown, WI
    Bearhawk Plans #991, Bearhawk Patrol Plans #P313

I have always stayed off the airport grounds.
    One bucket item would be to fly my Mooney in and camp on the grounds with my wife.

Item number two would be to arrive at OSH in an airplane that I built myself.
    After those two items, I will have hit all the critical points of AirVenture!