Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What's on your Oshkosh bucket list?

I think I did my bucket list. My Dad passed away suddenly on February 14, 2012 but we had numerous trips to OSH between 1996 up through and including last year. Miss you Dad!
    Name:  IMG_1129.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  96.3 KBName:  IMG_2745.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  96.9 KBName:  o-Nw2+jWJIOs7aJcB3fUtDVPr7VdlSz60300.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  82.1 KBName:  393638-R1-00A_1.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  103.3 KBName:  0135610-R1-004-0A.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  95.5 KBName:  DCP_0131.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  90.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Jim Hann; 02-29-2012 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Two pics from the same year.
    Jim Hann
    EAA 276294 Lifetime
    Vintage 722607
    1957 Piper PA-22/20 "Super Pacer"
    Chapter 32 member www.eaa32.org
    www.mykitlog.com/LinerDrivr
    Fly Baby/Hevle Classic Tandem

Holy crap Jim. I am pretty sure that had a brief conversation with your dad at Oshkosh last year. I'm sorry to hear about his passing. He was such a nice fellow. I wish I had gotten more of a chance to talk with him.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

Steve it is entirely possible, he would talk to anybody if was about airplanes. Would have probably had my sister with him, she's the one on the far left in the dark shirt in the first picture.

I miss him a lot Steve, he was a good man, and taking him to Oshkosh the years I did was a highlight for both of us!

Jim
    Jim Hann
    EAA 276294 Lifetime
    Vintage 722607
    1957 Piper PA-22/20 "Super Pacer"
    Chapter 32 member www.eaa32.org
    www.mykitlog.com/LinerDrivr
    Fly Baby/Hevle Classic Tandem

Yeah, that was him then. I'm glad you have fond memories of your dad. I am trying to get my dad and my fiancee's father to come along to Oshkosh with Kat and I this year. It is something I would like to share with the both of them.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

I'd like to fly "FIFI" to AirVenture, but I'm gonna be busy giving rides in the Bell 47's :-)
    It's much more difficult than rocket science!
    It's more like helicopter aerodynamics!

I would love to take a ride in the ford tri motor.

Quote Originally Posted by HighAlt1022 View Post
    I would love to take a ride in the ford tri motor.
    Done that, yes it was fun.

AirVenture 2012 will be my 30th consecutive trip to Oshkosh. I have been lucky enough to attend every year since the year I was born (my dad took me when I was 2 months old). Last year I was able to achieve one of my outstanding bucket list items and flew into Oshkosh for the first time. I have also walked the entire grounds in 1 day, just to say it could be done...from the last row of airplanes past the threshold of 36 to the north 40, all exhibit buildings, commercials exhibits, Pioneer airport/compass hill (and helicopter ride), the museum, and seaplane base. It was not easy, but it can be done!

Although I’ve knocked off a lot on my bucket list, there are still a few outstanding. Here are the top 5

I have never flown in a warbird and would love to go for a ride in a T-6 or T-28 at Oshkosh
    Fly in Aluminum Overcast
    Hold the ribbon for Sean D. Tucker
    Visit the control tower
    Win the sweepstakes plane...who wouldn't

Danny

Prairie Cottage Airport, 8KS8, Chapman KS
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    I'd love to restore a round engine cabin Waco and be able to park in the first row South of the Theater in the Woods.
    Kyle, bring your chair and sit with us. We'll be in the 1939 Waco EGC-8 Cabin in the CAA black and orange livery.
    Jim Clark, Chairman National Biplane Fly In, www.nationalbiplaneflyin.com. Currently flying: 1929 Waco CSO, 1939 Waco EGC-8, 1946 Piper J-3, 1955 Piper PA22/20, 1956 Beech G35, 1984 Beech A36 & 2001 Vans RV9.
    You love a lot of things if you live around them, but there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, nor any before nor any after, that is as lovely as a great airplane, and men who love them are faithful to them even though they leave them for others.
    - Ernest Hemingway

let's see
    1. build a plane and fly it KOSH landing on a colored dot........done 2011
    2. fly my plane during one of the featured displays with everyone looking at me....hopefully in 2012
    It's just one dam job after another

Brian C.
    Sport Air Racing League http://www.sportairrace.org/
    Race 155