Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: You might be hopelessly addicted to aviation if....

If all 52 days of annual vacation are spent flying old helicopters or WWII bombers. If every day off is another opportunity to work on the B24 or B29.
    It's much more difficult than rocket science!
    It's more like helicopter aerodynamics!

When you remember your youngest son's birthday because it was exactly twenty days after the first flight of your first homebuilt.
    When you are driving down the Interstate in your car and find yourself pulling back on the wheel trying to make it rotate.

...you chuckle at the thought that ASN has a right hand pattern, considering that it's adjacent to the Talledega Speedway - and actually make a joke about it to non-pilot friends (who give you a blank stare).
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    ...you chuckle at the thought that ASN has a right hand pattern, considering that it's adjacent to the Talledega Speedway - and actually make a joke about it to non-pilot friends (who give you a blank stare).
    Pardon me if I give you a blank stare but I'm not a racing fan. I know Talledega is a track but not sure what the joke is here....
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

NASCAR = left turns only.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

That's what I thought but I wasn't sure....
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

I was born into aviation almost 72 years ago and I don't know of any other way of being,I guess.Seems normal too me !