Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: You might be hopelessly addicted to aviation if....

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    ...you go to an FAA Safety Seminar because you get to talk airplanes and flying with other pilots.

...you carry the plans to your airplane with you to the doctor's office to have something interesting to read (having read Sport Aviation four times already).

...and leave your copy of Sport Aviation in the magazine rack in the hopes of speading the virus.
    ....you are recuperating from having your gallbladder out and your fiancee cheers you up by buying all of the back issues of AOPA Pilot and all the aircraft design and operations books (that you don't already own) from the local Half Price Books.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

....the auto-correct feature on your phone automatically changes the word 'far' to 'FAR'.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

When you click on "Show All Bookmarks" and all but two have the word "aircraft" in them...........

Quote Originally Posted by prasmussen View Post
    When you click on "Show All Bookmarks" and all but two have the word "aircraft" in them...........
    I see you that and raise you:

Name:  bookmarks.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  96.3 KB

....each of those folders contains at least 30-40 links. Some of them (like the cabin and structure one that is open there) have 300+ links. I think if I opened them all at once, the computer would catch fire.

..You might be addicted if 95% of your paycheck, as a part time cashier for a grocery store for minimum wage, goes straight to flight lessons.
    ..You might be addicted if you and your girlfriend stop going on dates to buy AVGas

^The typical problems I face as a teenager^

..You might be addicted if you and your girlfriend stop going on dates to buy AVGas ^The typical problems I face as a teenager^
    Either you have found a great one or you will be single soon. LOL
    Last edited by steveinindy; 03-02-2012 at 01:06 PM.

....if you develop a crack in one of your thumbnails and your first thought is "Hmm....I probably should stop-drill that before it gets any larger".

...the first thing you do when purchasing a ball cap is remove the button on the top.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

EAA Staff / Moderator Charlie Becker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    ...the first thing you do when purchasing a ball cap is remove the button on the top.
    Otherwise you get a throbbing pain in your head from your headset!
    Sonex flight testing complete. Building a Super Cub clone, check it out at www.facebook.com/piratecub

Prairie Cottage Airport, 8KS8, Chapman KS
    You might be hopelessly addicted to aviation if....

Waco rhymes with Taco and is not a city in Texas, and yes it is my dogs' name.

You've owned 29 airplanes in 30 years, currently own 6 and still read Trade-A-Plane religiously.

You and your friends work your butts off to put together a major national fly in, swear you'll never do it again and then you do it again, and again, and again.....
    Last edited by Jim Clark; 03-05-2012 at 11:32 PM.
    Jim Clark, Chairman National Biplane Fly In, www.nationalbiplaneflyin.com. Currently flying: 1929 Waco CSO, 1939 Waco EGC-8, 1946 Piper J-3, 1955 Piper PA22/20, 1956 Beech G35, 1984 Beech A36 & 2001 Vans RV9.
    You love a lot of things if you live around them, but there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, nor any before nor any after, that is as lovely as a great airplane, and men who love them are faithful to them even though they leave them for others.
    - Ernest Hemingway